"I can't believe it's been two years since we met." JJ commented.

"Has it been? I can't believe you keep track of stuff like that." Simon held his drink with two hands, sipping on it.

"How could I forget our first encounter?" JJ excitedly spoke.

"At the party right?" Simon put his chin in his palms.

"No! Well yes, but you're leaving out the part that makes it even better! We met in class first remember?" JJ corrected him. 

"Oh yeah!"

"We sat next to each other. It was incredibly awkward and painful because we were both so shy. Then that weekend we spotted each other at that party. It was like night and day. We were so shocked. I honestly didn't believe you were that same kid from our class at first." JJ reminisced on the fond memory.

"Give me good music and good company, and I'm my best me." Simon glowed, imagining a fake party in his head. In every rendition he's the center of attention. "That night though, I was just trying to fit in. I wanted to be like the other boys."

"You were in that baggy unwashed shirt, crusty-ass red converse shoes, and a dumb snapback." JJ remembered in detail.

"Wow... rude!"

"Are you saying you looked good?"

"No, I certainly didn't."

"Then don't act so offended."

"If I was so ugly, then why did you stick your dick in my mouth?"

"Because I was drunk."

"Okay now that's super fucking rude!"

"But I don't have to be sober to know a pretty boy when I see one."

"Uh-huh. What you really saw was my pretty mouth." Simon suggestively licked his upper lip. JJ hummed at the sight of that precious, wet tongue.

"What I saw was a boy feeling his fantasy alone who shouldn't be keeping all that good love to himself. Very selfish of you." JJ playfully tutted his finger at Simon.

"Well since I met you I've been redistributing this love like a communist." Simon's joke was received with a mild smile. A little too intellectual for JJ. Behind JJ, Simon recognized a certain blonde boy's heading bobbing past. "Harry! Hi!" Simon yelled, frantically waving his long arm in the air. The boy called stopped to turn and find where his name was being shouted from. When he moved to face Simon, another boy was revealed behind him. "Oh and Ethan! Hi to you too!"

"Hey Simon." Harry walked over to him with Ethan alongside. "How are you guys?"

"We're wonderful. What about you?" Simon answered for himself and JJ.

"Good." They both answered slightly out of sync with each other. Simon noticed how caught off guard Harry appeared to be. Ethan, on the other hand, didn't come across bothered at all.

"Where are you hooligans off to?" Simon inquired. 

"We're going to hangout with a friend of mine." Ethan answered, keeping his hands in his pant pockets. Harry broke his maintained gaze at Ethan to now stare at the ground. A dodgy grin slipped onto Simon's face as he remembered what they were up to. It was great to see Harry stepping outside of his box and things for him and Ethan to be working out.

"Does Vik know?" The attempted whisper came out like a whisper-shout that everyone could easily hear. The question made Harry visibly tense. 

"No?" He figured his friend must be asking if Vik knew where he was going.

"Well you guys are very cute together." Simon innocently implied they were dating.

"Huh?"

"Oh we aren't-"

Simon's face melted into an embarrassed panic mess when they floundered at the implication made. Harry rapidly shook his head that was increasingly turning a tomato red. Ethan appeared sheepish and even his pale tone warmed to a deep pink.

"Oh! I uh... I meant you're, uh, outfits look cute! Next to each other. Together!" Simon anxiously laughed through a wilted smile. In utter confusion, JJ internally cringed. Although he was out of loop with all of this, he still recognized the unbelievable awkward situation Simon put them in.

"Got it, got it. I see where we could've, um y'know, misunderstood you." Harry backed away. It was time to shut this conversation down.

"Yeah. Exactly. A misunderstanding. My fault. I misspoke." Simon shoved the straw in his mouth to shut himself up.

"Okay, well, we'll see you around Si. Nice to see you again JJ." Harry waved goodbye. Him and Ethan rushed off. They were just desperate to get away and pretend that whole interaction never happened.

"Are they not an item?" JJ was still lost. 

"No, I thought they were." Simon whispered feeling incredibly bad for jumping ahead of their status. He thought they were further ahead than that. "Whoops." he grimaced.

"How's your ass?" JJ changed the topic back to something he was more interested in.

"It's fine, you dick." Simon knew what he wanted to hear was 'sore' or 'hurts' but Simon felt like being honest. JJ playfully stuck out the tip of his tongue to show he was messing with him. Simon's hand was taken by JJ's from across the table. JJ rubbed his thumb over the top in circular motions before pulling it close to lay a tender kiss on it.