The Proposal (Part 7)

I stare at the ring. That's when Dan stands me up, takes the box with the ring inside, and kneels down on one knee. 'Avia, I love you more than anything in the world' Dan starts, as a tear falls down my cheek. 'I don't know how I managed before I met you, and I don't know what I would do without you, in my life right now. My 1 year with you has been like a big dream. I'm so happy I went to Starbucks a year ago yesterday instead of Costa...' Dan smiles at me, and I smile back remembering that day. 'Otherwise, I wouldn't have met the girl I fell in love with. Remember when me and Phil let you sleep on our sofa and woke you up by singing happy birthday after stalking your Facebook?' Dan smirks. I nod in reply. That was the day Dan asked me out and we became a couple. On my birthday, a year ago today. 'Well now you can celebrate your birthday and our anniversary on the same day. And I'd love to celebrate them with you for the rest of my life. Which is why I want you to be my wife. Avia...will you marry me, sweetie?' Dan says seriously, staring at me with puppy eyes. By this point I'm crying. I glance at Phil and he's grinning like mad. I think I stare at him a second too long because Dan nudges my hand. 'Avia?' He says quietly. 'Oh Dan...OF COURSE I WANT TO BE YOUR FUCKING WIFE!' I scream at him and jump at him. He grins widely, his eyes tearing up. He slides the gorgeous, rose shaped ring onto my finger. He starts to laugh and whirls me around.  He ends his proposal with a deep, passionate, loving kiss. As I kiss Dan, I look over his shoulder at Phil. He's still sat on the sofa, grinning. And I can't help but think how damn cute his grin is.

-------------------------------------

Feedback appreciated!:3