He heard her heavy breathing and sighed, "I am okay mom. I had a reason so I changed my number."

"Mind telling me what the reason was that you didn't even care to tell your own mother?"

Namjoon winced, his mother's tone was too bitter for his liking. He quietly muttered, "I just...needed some space."

Another silence followed his words and he was sure to have heard his mother cursing something.

"So you just change your number without telling anyone because you wanted space? How high of you Mr Kim Namjoon."

"Then do you even care?" Namjoon snapped back, unable to hear any more insults.

His mother gasped, "Did you just talk back to me? How dare-"

"No." His voice was firm as he let out all the care in it, "I also cut off your sentence, what will you do mom? Punish me? Strip me of my inheritance? Maybe you will just tell father to send his men and beat me up like last time."

"Y-You, how can you just say such words without thinking about how it will hurt me?"

"Do you think it doesn't hurt me then?" Namjoon took in a breath, "Every time I recall the past, I feel like dying yet you don't even care."

"Namjoon! Stop spewing nonsense. Past is past and your father has changed so don't even bring that up. How many times will I tell you that he is sorry?"

"He is not my father. Never was and never will be, I just call him for the sake of show because I care for you. But you only care about your third husband right?"

Some shuffling occurred on the other side of the phone, "I am sick of conversing this over and over. When will you grow up Namjoon? Do you always have to retort back? Can't you try to make your mother happy at least once?"

"Then does my happiness not count for you mother? Do I have to do this despite knowing it's wrong, for your sake?"

"Yes. Now stop whining like a kid and get back to work. Stop acting pathetic, no one will help you that way-"

Beep.

Namjoon ended the call, his head about to burst with several reasons, mainly anger before throwing his phone on the bed.

He messed it up again. Only if he could have a normal conversation with his mother, to sort out this problem before it would increase more but no, she had to anger him again.

A scream erupted from the house and Namjoon was confused for a minute because it was not him neither did he except Sowon's parents to scream. His eyes widened as the realization dawned on him, hurriedly crossing his room towards Sowon's room.

"Sowon? Sowon? Open the door!"

Namjoon tried to unlock the door but it was still tightly locked and he grunted at it. The sound of glass shattering was heard before Sowon's painful scream erupted once more and Namjoon paled, terrible thoughts entering his mind.

"Damn it Sowon please open the door or else I have to break it!"

Still, the door was locked firmly and Namjoon's instinct booted in as he started kicking the wooden door with all his strength. Sweat trickled down his face as his breathing became heavier but he kicked once more, the door breaking from the middle.

Pushing through the wooden debris, he stared at her room in horror as everything was messed up. Books had fallen, glass broken, duvets messed up, flowers were thrown here and there as water soaked the rug, leaking from the broken vase.

In the middle was Sowon who was slumped on the floor, crying with a smile on her face as she stared at the wall. Namjoon whitened once more as he noticed her balance being disrupt before he ran to her.

"Sowon!"

Her body slowly began to fall in the air and Namjoon hurried to catch her body before she could collide with the broken glasses sprawled on the floor. She limply laid in his arms, unconscious as he continuously shook her.

"Sowon? Hey Sowon, wake up!"

Namjoon tried everything he could but nothing seemed to bring her back to consciousness again. He cursed a few words, glancing around before picking her up carefully and made his way out of the messed up room.

Cautiously he descended the stairs, anxiety crawling over his mind as he grabbed his car keys and exited the house. He was worried but also furious, where were Sowon's parents when she needed them the most?

Settling her carefully on the back seat, Namjoon took a glance to notice what he didn't see before. Tears and sweat stuck on her pale skin, sticking some streaks of her brown hair on her face messily.

Little blood was splattered on her forehead followed by a small cut on her cheekbone, small pieces of glass stuck in it as the red liquid slowly oozed out as if in slow motion. Even her hands were covered in cuts and shards of glasses, making it seem more painful.

His throat suddenly went dry, a thousand thoughts crossing his mind as he registered Sowon's current condition which was because of him, due to his reckless actions and now he was regretting it.

"Sowon..I-I-"

Namjoon clamped his mouth shut as he could not speak further and instead closed the door, hurriedly sitting inside the driver seat before starting the car. His sweaty palms gripped the steering tightly as he drove towards the nearest hospital, honking at other cars and speeding up almost every minute.

It's your fault, she is agonizing because of your stupid and selfish reason.

He glanced at her from the rear mirror, a pang of guilt crushing his hard demeanour because the truth was bugging him relentlessly. Everything was going downhill but it was not enough to deter Namjoon from his decision. Whatever happens,

He was determined to make it right, for her sake.

A/N: A little peek into Namjoon's mind, what do you think? ;)