He is so set on people not seeing his emotions and when he is flustered and things like that when really me, Shuichi Saihara, his boyfriend, wants to be able to see these emotions. I understand better than anyone that he tends to hide his emotions with this mask he puts on as a front—but here we are. I want to be able to see the real him, the Kokichi that shares his feelings, the Kokichi that cries when he feels sad, the Kokichi who is a tsundere, and the Kokichi who wants hugs as well as cuddles all the time.

"Thank you for all the time you have given to me and even wanting to be my boyfriend in the first place. I have to pinch myself every morning I wake up with you because in all honestly, I can't believe someone as amazing and talented as you would want to be with someone as annoying and selfish as I can be," He paused for a moment making my heartbeat quicken. I kept my focus on the road making sure to listen to him and take in his words while still paying close attention to the road...because the last thing either of us would want is to crash after speaking like this—on the freeway no less.

"But Kokichi you are great as well, so don't discredit yourself. You mean a lot to me and I love you. I enjoy every day we are able to wake up together and go to school holding hands, giving small kisses during breaks, and even hugging each other." I smiled softly seeing he was blushing out of the corner of my eye. "But Shuichi..." he started but I cut him off.

"I mean it Kokichi, every word." I smiled softly as our exit came. I took the exit and drove the rest of the way to Rantaro's house. Kokichi didn't say anything after that, but anytime I glanced over at him he seemed happy. His shoulders were more relaxed and he was holding his hands close to his heart with a slight blush on his cheeks. Seeing him like that made me want to just move over there and softly kiss his cheeks, his forehead, and his lips.

.

.

.

Rantaro's house was very large, it wasn't even a house, it was a mansion. Kind of intimidating to look at if you ask me. Kokichi noticed we had made it to the party when I parked. His head perked up and he looked out the window.

"Shumai! Look, it's the party!" He said smiling like a child opening a present. It was adorable. "I know! Are you ready to go inside and meet up with Rantaro?" I asked, feeling the anxious feeling come back over my shoulders.

"Hey." He said in a more serious tone after we both had gotten out of the car. "Yes?" I felt my whole body flinch at his words like I just pricked my finger somehow.

"You got this Shuichi, I know you do, just remember that if Kaede doesn't want to be friends with you any more than me and Rantaro as well as Maki...will be here for you," he said sounding ashamed to say Maki's name. I know they don't like each other much...but I hope after some time Kokichi and Maki will maybe be able to become friends.

"I know that, I guess I'm worried because we have been friends for so long...and I don't want to mess that up." I let my words drip like tar off my tongue. I felt like in a way it was painful to admit that Kaede has been my friend longer than anyone else I know...and this whole meeting may end up breaking our friendship.

"Hey, look at me Shuichi" his voice pulled me back from my thoughts and back into the moment. "Okay, so if Kaede is no longer friends with you because of this, sure you will lose a friend...but you will have a boyfriend and the friends that come with your boyfriend." He said, winking at me a bit. I flushed at this and looked at him.

"But Kokichi-" I started before he put his finger to my lips. "Shh~ silly Shumai~" he poked my nose, flustering me even more.

"Koki?" I asked slowly before he smiled at me again. "You always worry too much! You have to remember to lay back and calm down Shuichi! That's why I'm here!" He seemed so confident and it made me a little jealous because of how adorable he was being.

"I know that, well," I said looking over at the door where there was some party music playing. "We should go and find Rantaro so I can talk to him about this," I frowned a bit, not wanting to go with every fiber of my being, but this has to be done.

"You're right! So someone can tell Kaede that he is taken~" he cooed before quickly pulling me down for a kiss before releasing me an instant later. I blushed and couldn't even react before he started walking towards the doors without me. "Well, are you coming my beloved or not~?"

"I'm coming, I'm coming," I said slightly irritated with his teasing...but I knew I would be able to get him back later when we were back in the dorms. I dislike his teasing while at the same time I adore it. It reminds me that this relationship we have is still a puzzle neither of us has fully put together yet...but every moment I'm with him I can see that he is definitely farther ahead of me.

We walked into the party and there was loud music playing. It almost made me get a bad headache. People are talking and laughing with each other while some are getting drunk. Your typical high school party I guess...?

"Shuichi! Rantaro is over by the kitchen! I'm going to go to the game room in the basement okay?!" He yelled to me over the noise. I smiled and patted his head before kissing him goodbye. He blushed a bit before I went to go find Rantaro in the kitchen.

Sweaty teenagers were dancing around and laughing while I tried to get through all of them. It smelled like a party and honestly, it made me feel a little nauseous.

It was hard to navigate around all of the other people here because they were all dancing or talking in big groups. So I had to find ways to maneuver around them to get into the kitchen. It was honestly relieving to see Rantaro restocking snacks in the kitchen after all the smells and things that I had to walk through to get here.

"Hey Shuichi," Rantaro said kindly before Kaede came out from the other door of the kitchen. "Nice to see you again," Kaede said, making me flinch. Shit...I have to talk to them both at the same time?

-so, I apologize for being so slow with updates, my school has been terrible with planning and I have a physics test on Friday before taking the ACT on Wednesday next week with a calculus test the next day...with a big paper due on Friday as well as a multi-genre project due on Monday, I was able to finish this today after writing little bits and pieces in it the last couple of days. After next week updates should be back to normal! Thank you so much for your patience!-

-SK-