Chapter 22: Cameron POV

The day after Ambrosia was taken

************

"I don't care Frank figure it out!" I feel the phone cracking against the pressure from my hold. "He took her, you and I both know that! Yes, she had her necklace when she left." I just hope she still has it on her. I silently pray. "Just get the system up and running and call me back when you have it figured out!" I yell into the phone, my blood boiling to the point of rage. 

I end the call throwing my cell into the wall and sink back into my leather office chair. I'm going to fucking kill him when I get my hands on him!  I trust Frank to get the job done, he has never failed me before and he knows what Ambrosia means to me, so I trust him. 

The system Frank had set up for the tracking device I put in Ambrosia's necklace needs an update to extend its tracking radius. I didn't account for the possible distance he would take her. 

I know he has her on a boat since the device lost signal a few miles from the marina. I hired men to search and track that bastard down but all they found so far was a shitty black and white surveillance video from the marina, saying there wasn't much to go on. I sit back waiting for it to come through so I can look at it myself. 

Why did I let her go to that appointment without me when I knew it wasn't safe for her until he was found!  I mentally kick myselfrubbing my hands through my hair in frustration something I've been doing a lot over the last twenty four hours. 

"Honey I brought you some coffee." My mother's voice floats through the air as she enters my office. I look up to find her placing a mug of steaming hot coffee on my desk. "Thanks mom." I give her a weak smile. 

She walks over to me. "Why don't you try to get some rest, you look so tired." She's right I haven't slept all night, how could I when thoughts of what that bastard might be doing to Ambrosia constantly run through my head. The thought enrages me. 

She places her hand gently on my arm rubbing it soothingly as a mother would. "I will later." I lie. She gives me a knowing look but doesn't push any further on the subject. "Can I make you something to eat?" She asks hopefully. "No, I'm not hungry." She sighs but also doesn't push further. "Okay." She sighs. "If I can get you anything let me know, I'll be in the kitchen." I give her another small smile as she walks back out of my office.  

A moment later I hear the sweet sound of a email coming through and quickly open my computer. I pull the distorted black and white video up but can barely make out any images. 

I'm going to figure out a way to sue the marina for everything they have for faulty surveillance system. I grip the mouse tighter in anger as I continue to watch the video. 

After ten minutes a figure comes into view of the camera towing a large tote. Clenching my fists in anger; I know it's that bastard. He walks down the dock a moment later and out of view of the camera. 

My guys were right; there is nothing really here we didn't already know. This provides little to no proof that he took her but I'm not planning on turning him over to the cops when I find him anyways. I know he took her and I'm going to enjoy watching him die. 

I bang my fist down hard on my desk causing a picture to fall and break on the floor. Getting up I walk around my desk picking up the broken picture frame. Shards of glass continue to fall as I lift it up. 

It's a picture of Ambrosia and I relaxing on the beach. I gently brush my thumb across Ambrosia's smiling face causing a deep ache to run through my chest. I close my eyes sucking in a deep breath trying to rein in my rage. He had her in that tote, my Ambrosia, my love.