Tender - Yelena

Modern AU

In the years you had been dating Yelena, she had never shown herself to be the affectionate sort. Not to get it twisted, you knew she loved you and you knew she cherished your presence, but she was never the lovey-dovey sort of partner.

She showed her affection through haughty smirks and winks; a constant light teasing, and compliments meant to make your face burn red. Any sort of physical affection from her was passionate yet harsh, like she knew exactly what she was doing, how she wanted it to end, and what she was going to do to get there.

You weren't one to complain; you loved Yelena and she loved you, but sometimes you wished you could have those sweet tender moments with each other like you always see on TV.

It was early in the evening and you were in the kitchen making dinner when you heard the front door of yours and Yelena's apartment unlock. It was not unusual for Yelena to arrive home later than you, but tonight she was later than most.

"Welcome home love!" You call from the kitchen, not bothering to take your eyes off the frying pan in front of you .

You earned no response from your girlfriend as you heard her taking her coat and shoes off and setting her bag on the floor. Thinking nothing of it you turn your full attention back to the food, making sure to cook everything to perfection.

You heard Yelena softly shuffle into the kitchen and as you were about to question her about her day, you felt a pair of strong, lean arms wrap around your shoulders. Due to the height difference between you two, you felt Yelena lean her neck downwards to bury her face in you hair at the top of your head.

You were shocked at her actions for many reasons; for one the suddenness of her embrace caught you off guard. To add to your surprise, she was holding you like you were made of glass; that you could break at any minute yet the only thing keeping the pieces together was her arms around you and her body pressed against yours. You felt a light kiss on the crown of your skull before the feeling of Yelena's nose burying back into your hair.

You were about to ask her if anything was wrong, but as you begin to turn your body to face hers, the strong smell of burning food filled your nose. You quickly pulled yourself out of her grasp to stop the food from catching fire. Turning off the stove and moving the pan off the burner, you put the thought of dinner at the back of your mind; concern for your girlfriend taking up your thoughts.

Turning back around to face Yelena, you took her face into your hands and lifted her head so you could look into her eyes.

"Yelena my love, is there something wrong?" Concern lacing your voice.

Instead of answering you Yelena instead gently grabbed at your wrists holding her face, her hands warm and comforting covering yours. Closing her eyes and leaning into your touch, her heard her mumble out a faint "no".

You wanted to interrogate her more but you knew it would yield no results. Yelena was the type to keep to herself, and you had to let her come to you. Besides, she held only a look of peace and contempt on her face, signalling that she was just happy to be in your touch.

Instead if speaking you stood on your toes and gave her a soft kiss on the lips. You felt her smile a genuine smile, very unlike the smirk she so often wears.

Breaking the kiss and leaning back into your feet, you finally break the silence and speak your mind.

"I love you Yelena, but this is quite unlike you" you say gently, still staring into her eyes. You didn't mean it in a malicious sort of way, but her sudden tenderness had thrown any sense of yours out the window.

Worried that she had taken offence to your comment you quickly scrambled to attempt to explain yourself, but before any words could come out of your mouth, you saw Yelena's smile twist into that infamous smirk of hers.

Leaning down close to your face, Yelena stared at you through her shaded eyes.

"Would you like me to be rougher?" She asked, her baritone voice echoing through your body.

Face turning bright red, you begin to stutter out an answer

"N-no, w-well I mean yes b-but-"

Not even knowing what to say, you were relieved when Yelena moved her hands to rest one on your shoulder and one cupping the back of your neck.

"I just feel like perhaps I have not been treating you the way you wish to be treated" she began.

"I know that you know I love you, but I want you to feel it. Not just know it." She continued, leaning resting her forehead against yours.

"I hope this is what you want" she concluded, stepping closer and fully enveloping you in her embrace.

Feeling content in her arms, you allowed yourself to fully relax with her, letting this tender moment last a little longer.

"I just want you Yelena. I love you." you mumble into her chest, tightening your own arms around her, hearing her heartbeat echo through your body.

This sweet moment didn't last for much longer however when you felt Yelena's hand sliding lower and lower down your back. Feeling her smirk her trademark expression your cheeks began to heat up as she whispered into your ear.

"Oh I think that can be arranged"

☆       ☆      ☆

A/N hey guys! I hope you enjoyed that story; I am entirely new to writing one shots so If you have any constructive criticism or anything you'd like to say, feel free to let me know, I'd love to hear from you guys and get your opinions.

Stay safe and have a great day!