45 Daylight

WE ARE RIDING in the back of Sebastian's car to an annual charity event. As usual, Sebastian looks dashing in a suit, especially his pink tie which matches my dress perfectly.

He notices me staring, "You look beautiful."

"You always say that." I blush.

"And I always mean it," he says without smiling and an intense stare.

We walk the red carpet separately. Sebastian and I have finally agreed that we want to keep our relationship private.

I keep looking back at Sebastian who is a few steps behind me. It does help that every time I look over he is already staring at me which makes my insides turn to mush. But I hate being so far away from him, I hate acting like we're just friends because of these stupid cameras.

I turn to Sebastian and walk towards him maintaining eye contact the whole way. He looks confused at first but quickly reads my mind. He takes my hand in his and our fingers intertwine as we walk down the red carpet together.

He seems so proud to be holding my hand, announcing to the world that we are finally together. Our simple display of affection generates stares and murmuring from everyone we pass. The cameras around us click feverishly.

My fears fade to nothing when I look at him. My baby is fly like a jet stream, high above the whole scene, loves me like I'm brand new. So call it what you want.

"What changed?" he asks, tugging on my hand.

We stop walking to face each other, we look into each other's eyes and everything around us disappears. "The stakes are high, the water's rough, but with you, I'd dance in a storm wearing my best dress, fearless."

Sebastian's expression is a mixture of amusement and adoration. I pull him down by his collar, giving him a peck on his lips.

I used to believe love was burning red, but it's golden. Like daylight.

WE MAKE OUR way through the bushes and towards the meadow. We come here every weekend so by now I'm used to hiking through the woods to get there. I used to hate it but now I love it. I think it's like a metaphor for our lives, our love, our story. We no longer have to hide because we are finally out of the woods.

I hold Sebastian's hand a little tighter, just to make sure he is real. He looks over gleaming, he squeezes my hand three times.

"I'm so happy," I smile.

"Me too darling," his sly smile is mesmerising under the morning sun. I was deep blue just a few months back but he painted me golden.

We come out of the woods and step onto the meadow. In the centre of the sea of flowers is a pink grand piano, a piano that I recognise immediately. I gasp, covering my mouth in shock looking up at Sebastian.

"No way." This is the piano that Taylor swift played during her Lover Festival.

He grins seeing my expression, "Look a little closer." he whispers in my ear.

Sebastian wraps one arm around my back while holding my hand with the other keeping me stable as I walk closer.

Music starts playing. Music starts playing from the piano. And there she sits, fingers dancing on the keys of the piano, singing a marvellous tune.

Taylor Swift.

She waves at me with an inviting smile. She looks gorgeous shining under the morning light, like an angel smiling at me.

Her fingers start to dance again, playing King Of My Heart. The music, the lyrics, everything points to Sebastian. He holds me in his arms as we sway to the music, just like the night I fell in love with him. 

Sebastian is the king of my heart. 

The song ends and Taylor Swift continues to play the chorus of her song Lover. I turn back to Taylor wondering why she isn't singing, but she has a mischievous expression. Grinning she tilts her head towards my right so I turn and there he is.

Sebastian is down on one knee with a ring in his hand. "My dearest lover. If you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side where we can gaze into the stars and sit together. Now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see, we're simply meant to be."

He sucks in a deep breath, "Bella, you are the queen of my heart. Will you marry me?"

"Yes!"