26 Blurred Lines

"DON'T MISS ME TOO MUCH!" I giggle.

"How long will you be gone?" Sebastian asks holding the front door open as I step outside.

"I'm having the interview over lunch now then the photoshoot is in the afternoon. Mia is the photographer so I was planning to catch up after the photoshoot." I chew my lip realising how I sound like a wife explaining to my husband what my plans are.

"Mia. As in Mia from high school?"

"Yes! I haven't seen her for years!"

"Why don't you invite her over? You can have the photoshoot in our backyard then we can all catch up." he offers. My head is still spinning from the moment he said the word our.

"Bel? Are you good?" he takes a step towards me but I subconsciously take a step back.

"Yeah I'm good." I laugh nervously. "Journalists freak me out a little, that's all."

Sebastian gently smiles, "Just be yourself Bel. Call me if you need anything okay?"

He lands a quick peck on my forehead and off I go to meet the journalist.

"Nice to meet you Ms Young, I'm Elijah." A man wearing a white button-down shirt with his sleeves rolled up shakes my hand as I sit down across him. I sink down on the sofa and between us is a low coffee table covered with piles of magazines.

Elijah's brown hair is styled straight up and his arms are scattered with tattoos. "Wow I love your tattoos." I lean closer and realise he has a full sleeve.

"Thank you, I designed them myself." he blushes.

My jaw drops and he just nods with a shy smile.

"May I ask Ms Young, why did you choose to have this interview here in Mersea Island? Do you live here?"

I find myself blushing under his gaze, his light brown eyes are mesmerising. "You can call me Bella." I grin like a schoolgirl with her crush. "No I don't live here but I do occasionally come here for a break. Life can get too hectic at times so it's important to walk away and regroup your thoughts."

The interview goes on for a while and I'm having so much fun because it doesn't even feel like work. It feels like I'm on a date with this gorgeous man.

"I know this may seem forward but would you like to take a walk on the beach with me?" Instantly I feel butterflies in my stomach and my cheeks redden.

"I would love to." I croak, trying to suppress the bubbling excitement in me. I'm definitely crushing on this Elijah guy and I think he feels the same by the way he's eyeing me.

"I'm staying here," I point at Sebastian's house as we walk along the beach.

Elijah stops abruptly next to me and I do too. I turn to him and the sun is shining directly behind him. I lift my hand up to shield my eyes but I freeze when I feel his hand on the small of my back. The heat from his hand spreads across my body, I feel myself melt into his body.

Elijah brings his hand up, and my lips part in surprise from his gentle touch. My eyes meet his coffee-coloured eyes and his pupils dilate.

"I hadn't noticed how light your eyes are," he says, his voice low so I lean closer to hear him. His hand is still on my face, and my mind is racing. He pulls half of his bottom lip in his mouth as he stares at my lips. Our eyes meet, and I crash my lips against his.

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I can't stop. As my lips touch Elijah's I feel his sharp intake of breath. I can taste the faint hint of coffee on his tongue as he opens his mouth and kisses me. His warm tongue runs along mine. He brings his hand to my face, cupping my flushed cheeks before his hands go to my hips. He pulls back a little and plants a small kiss on my lips.