CHAPTER 24 - Rosy pov

Start from the beginning

It felt amazing, I mean this excitement I can't shake off but at the back of my mind I felt a little nervous, worried.

Shaking the feeling off I put on my white blouse and blue jeans with cute sandals. Picking up my cute purse and sunglasses I headed out of my room. I still had a couple hours before the party so I was planning on walking around and treating myself to a great lunch.

Unlike Mosselbay this town was very quiet, distal and very very sunny. It was covered with lush green vegetation and it was quite hilly. It's streets were very narrow and it had a coffee cafe almost on every street.

I sat alone at a table under a giant umbrella of a cute little restaurant I had found on a local website and treated myself to a glass of rooibos ice tea. It was located in a small passageway and it overlooked the fields that graced the lowlands of this mountainous terrain. Awaiting my food I decide to take out my novel and page through a few more chapters before eating. Being away from the epicenter it was even more quiet and was a perfect place to indulge in a good novel. It was worth the thirty minutes drive.

I spent a little over two hours at the restaurant reading and eating before having to head back to the hotel to go and get ready for the party. I was refreshed and ready to face the glitz and glamour of the Jade Consàle planned party. It was 4:45 and I had to reach the hotel in time to get ready before the driver comes to pick me up.

After reaching my hotel room I refreshed myself a bit before putting on my simple makeup and simple earrings.
My hair sleeked into a neat low ponytail. After that I sprayed my favourite light Vanilla and Lilly scent perfume all over my body. I smelled like an angel. My pale light turquoise strapped heels fitted my feet perfectly.
Now it was to put on the show stopper, the game changer . I adorned myself in a metallic silver gown with a good thigh high slit and a low back and that was all that adorned my body. It had spaghetti straps and fitted my waist like a glove and flowed over my hips. The pockets on the dress were such a cool touch that made me love it even more. After zipping up the back I went and stood infront of the mirror and I was in awe of what I saw. A beautiful mature looking woman stared back at me. She looked like an elegant superstar who was ready for the cameras and the pestering paparazzi to take an infinite number of pictures of her. I smiled and applied the finishing touch, lipgloss.

18:33

With my clutch in hand I close the door to my hotel room and start swankily walking to the car waiting for me outside.
The chauffeur opened the door with a wide smile and helped me into the car. Ricardo is his name.

"Ms Rose, the venue is about forty five minutes away." He says answering my question. I was so excited to see him, I couldn't wait. My heart was doing somersaults and I definitely had butterflies in my tummy. He is going to New York tomorrow giving me not nearly as much time as I would like to spend with him.
A memory pops into my mind and I blush furiously. A memory of the last night we spent together. A lot of things happened that night. Well don't expect me to give details about it, a girl must have her secrets. I bite my left cheek to keep myself from smiling like a baffoon.

My phone rings after a few minutes of silence in the car

"Hi Becka" I say smiling

"I can't wait to catch you on tomorrow's cover page of the Allen A newspaper and being the hottest topic on all talk shows. I can imagine the title Jack Bolten's one and only or something elaborate like that ,you get what im saying?" she says excitedly

" Stop kidding around with this stuff Becka it's not funny. You know he is my friend. Plus Jack's one and only, really?" I say rolling my eyes

"Although you're down playing it i know your little heart is enjoying this. What better validation do you need than the fact that you're meeting the parents. The fact that you like each other is no secret but the fact that he invited you to a family function, to meet his parents ....... now girl  that is huge."