18| Case Closed

『ARC TWO: CAREFUL STEPS』

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

"Where did you come from?!" Daiki's panicked voice resonated within the walls of the hidden basement. He had jumped back, spine pressed against the grey walls while his eyes were blown wide in shock.

Tanami shook her head, the two crystals on the side of her head slapping her cheeks with the movement. She blinked twice, sitting up from the soft, dirty rags that she had fallen onto after taking a dip from the shoot. Her gaze shifted around the room, taking in the scene of a startled Daiki and an amused Yoshimi.

"How are you not scared by that?" the pink-haired teenager scrunched his nose up and peered in confusion at the taller male.

"I saw a green dot falling in the corner of my eye. Figured it would be someone stupid. Didn't think it would be you." Yoshimi answered in a dull tone. His fingers brushed against the ancient washing machines pushed in the corner. His eyebrow twitched when his fingers collected massive amounts of dust.

"You always have to take a jab at my IQ, don't you?" Rubbing her head, Tanami's face twisted in disgust as the horrible scents of the rags she landed in burned her nostrils. A shiver crawled up her spine and she did not even want to know how her uniform looked. "I came from the supposed basement. Is... is this the basement?"

"It's my source of enjoyment, Tanami. When you refer to the tablet, yes the room you fell through was the basement." Raising the tablet in his grasp, Yoshimi shook it lightly before shoving it into his pocket. "But if you consider my Quirk, then no."

Daiki released a loud sigh and pulled away from the wall. A wary expression was painted across his face before he ran a hand through his locks. "No, but seriously. Why did you fall from the freaking ceiling? Scared the soul out of me."

Tanami snorted, placing a hand on the pile of dirty rags she fell on. Shoving one leg out of the bin, she awkwardly clawed herself out since the bin was taller than she expected. She nearly lost her footing once she got out. She irritatingly brushed the dirt from her skirt and pressed her hands to the lower back of her blazer. "Clearly since that last sentence wasn't even correct grammar. Did you forget how to speak your own language?"

Rolling his eyes, the pink-haired male released a sarcastic bout of laughter. Picking up a small wooden box he dropped, he said, "very funny. I'm dying of laughter."

Shrugging her blazer off her shoulders, the female took a look at the article of clothing. Her lips tugged into a frown. Black patches were splattered onto the fabric. Her face fell at the sight and she did not want to know the condition of her skirt. Thank the heavens she wore leggings and they were black. With a sigh, Tanami tied the sleeves around her waist so neither stain would show. "How did you guys get down here?"