46| Black Tea

『ARC FIVE: NULL AND VOID』

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Ripples wrinkled across the surface of the dark red liquid, distorting Tanami's features as she peered at her reflection. The decorative white and gold cup weighed heavy in her hands, sinking the warmth of the black tea in her palms. She blinked twice, watching the lavender glow of her hair shift within the reflection of the tea. Slowly, she raised the rim to her mouth. The white smoke swirled off the top, curling onto her face and heating her cheeks.

Swallowing the saliva in her mouth, she momentarily rested the rim against her bottom lip as she raised her gaze. Staring her down with a sweet smile etched on her face was a woman who went by the name of Junri Hirawa. The white-haired woman held her own cup up, fingers threaded through the auric handle. Her facial feature softened, and creases appeared at the edges of her eyes. However, even if she seemed kind, the gold in her irises mirrored something else. Something Tanami did not wish to be the receiving end of.

Hesitance filled Tanami's veins, but she still tilted the teacup and allowed the liquid to enter her mouth. She took a short sip, the smokey taste of the tea and the sweetness of the honey melting on her taste buds. Releasing a breath through her nose, she did not seem to taste anything weird. Unless the tea had some type of tasteless poison in it, but even Junri would not seem to be the type to resort to tactless killing. She would not get rid of her- them- after three weeks.

She pulled the cup away from her mouth and delicately placed it on the small circular white plate. It clinked. Has it really been three weeks? Three weeks since she has seen Akihiko or Tomohiro? It did not feel like it had been that long if it was not for Junri mentioning it. She did not wish to believe her words, but she did not have a choice. There were no windows in this place- wherever this place was- and she could not keep track of whether it was night or day. Tanami's only real connection to the real world was Junri, and that was minus the fact that the woman did not venture out of her room.

Tanami's fingers tapped quietly against the side of the ceramic cup. Her eyes flicked upward, watching Junri curiously swirl her tea in her cup. The woman's lips were pursed together in a tight line while her brows furrowed. She appeared to be in deep thought and not paying any attention to the crystal.

The teenager was unsure whether to regard that as a good or bad thing. Junri was not the most stable person she had come to know. Not to mention that her Quirk was even scarier. At times, she still could not believe the accuracy of the three living dolls that looked like spitting images of herself, Yua, and Shimada. It was creepy and terrifying, gazing at something that shared the words, mindset, and looks like yourself, but it is not your reflection in the mirror. No, an actual, breathing human was what stood before her when the white-haired woman displayed them with glee. Even their Quirks were precisely the same. How it was replicated perfectly, Tanami did not know.