38| Crystallic Butterflies

『ARC THREE: AGENCIES AND CRYSTALS』

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Sharing a body was strange, to say the least. Or that is what Akihiko thought was happening. Unless his Quirk and chakras were messing with him of course. Nonetheless, the fact that Reflective Crystallization possessed his body was not something he could just brush over his shoulder.

Although Akihiko could not witness the crystal physically, he felt this sensation of him not being the only one to gaze out through his eyes. The sudden pricks of pain that slammed against his skull were the most obvious but other things began to occur when he arrived home from school with Tomohiro and Tanami. When he walked into the bathroom to brush his teeth, he swore he saw his reflection shift when he was wiping his mouth with a towel. He ended glaring at his reflection for a while before his sister began to rack her knuckles against the door because he was taking too long and she needed to shower.

The illumination of the stars that sprinkled across the ethereal night sky were outshined by the ribbons of light falling down from the crescent moon. Fragments of light seeped through the curtains of Akihiko's room and coated a crumpled-up ball of fabric on the bed. Occasionally, the fabric would shift.

Once he left the bathroom, he immediately collapsed onto his bed and covered himself with his light blue blanket. Halfway through that process, the teenager had grabbed Mocha as well. He did leave a big enough gap to breathe so neither of them would suffocate underneath. The bunny's fur was warm as she tried to bury herself inside of his charcoal hoodie. He let her do so because he was too exhausted to push her away. Well, he was not really exhausted but he liked to think he was exhausted. The amethyst was happy to sap away most of that.

He should really complete the homework assignments he was given and the ones he still has not done but he did not have the energy. All he wanted was a normal, not chaotic night. Everything was just too much in such a short time.

Although the room was veiled with darkness, his hair still illuminated through the blanket and gave off a lavender glow. How Mocha fell asleep already with the bright shine was beyond him but at least she did not give him much trouble. That thing was giving him trouble and it seemed that it was not going to go away soon. Frankly, Akihiko had no clue as to whether to refer to it as an 'it' or a 'he' because of his own gender. All he really knew what that he could not keep referring to it with pronouns only. It would get confusing. Especially if they both shared the same first name and well... body.

He stayed still for a bit, relishing in the warmth of his blanket for a few moments longer before a sigh left him. He pondered for a while and decided it could not hurt to take a shot. "Can you come out?"

A second passed before the periwinkle in his right eye faded and his vision was coated in a dim purple hue. At the edge of his bed where his feet were located, he felt the slight dip in his mattress. He knew it was a trick of his brain convincing him that something was there because only he could see and hear him. In reality, the bed never dipped. "What do you need?"