50| Radiant Vicissitude

『ARC FIVE: NULL AND VOID』

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Tomohiro never thought he would have the chance of getting a family in the past. He was used to being alone since fate always loved ripping away those he loved. He put up a barrier between himself and others because he was frightened that they would eventually leave him. If he did not get close to anyone, he would not have to feel that pain again. He's already felt enough of that tearing sensation in his heart. He could have kept lying to himself.

Yet those around him refused to allow him to isolate himself. First it was Etoile, Kohei and Sumiko. Then it was those who had formed a team alongside him. Finally, it was the two children who gleamed so brightly in that alleyway. Although he would not admit it, he's grateful for those who wore him down little by little, sticking to him like glue and chipping away at the wall he put up.

Even if he would never say those words, that did not mean he did not cherish those memories made with all of those people. They were vivid in his mind and engraved in his soul. So whenever he recalls those memories, he cannot help but allow a smile to grace his lips. He cannot allow those memories to stay as such a thing. He does not want to lose another person when they were so close.

Some part of him knew what he was doing was illogical. The continuous harsh whispers from his friends and colleagues fell on deaf ears no matter what they said. So what if it was not right? So what if it was not the correct manner to solve things? Every other plan crumbled at his feet with no results to show for it. It does not matter to him if he strayed off the correct path just a little. No Hero was entirely flawless. Their morals are aligned with that of justice and protecting others, but by no means does that mean that one is perfect.

Tomohiro was not a perfect Hero, nor was he an entirely good person. The sphere of amethyst hanging around his neck was just one example. The second was his willingness to agree to Decadence's proposal. A Hero should not team up with a vigilante. It was unheard of and for many good reasons. You did not know when they would stab you in the back.

But that was the least of his problems. All he wanted was his family back together. Then he could face all of the repercussions.

The handle of the scythe crafted solely out of ink twisted around the dark-colored glove adorning Tomohiro's hand. His teeth slammed against each other, rattling as he tightened his grasp on the handle. Kicking off his right foot, he jumped back and swept the weapon across his body. The hardened ink blade collided with the blue wisps of ghostly energy and effortlessly sliced through it. Allowing the heavy end of the scythe to fall, the man curled around his fingers and swirled on his heels. The blunt edge jammed itself into the eerie dismembered hand that tried to grab onto his foot.

His tongue clicked against the roof of his mouth in annoyance. He has less than one hour before Luciano's Quirk would run out of power, and the time Quirk that held him hostage would return. Then, he would be rendered useless. That meant he had to move quickly or else-