05| Flood Warning

『ARC ONE: EXAMS AND MISHAPS』

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

"You're not very smart are you?"

Yoshimi had tucked a strand of dual-colored hair behind his ear. His back was pressed to the wall, legs tucked together in a criss-cross position. A disinterested glint had sparked in his aqua eyes as he tapped his phone intently with his thumbs. His listless expression did not faze despite the fact that a congratulations materialized on screen followed by a chime of music.

"Can you stop insulting my intelligence?" Tanami huffed. She flicked one of the drooping crystals that framed the side of her face. The stone like hair uttered a thunk from the small hit. "I know I'm an idiot but I'm not entirely stupid."

"Hmm," Yoshimi hummed without tearing his gaze away from the screen. "No."

"Ugh! You're no good at speaking with people!" The female threw her hands in the air. She allowed gravity to tug her back and the base of her spine slammed into the wall.

Both of the fourteen-year-olds had decided to sit propped up to the wall near a vending machine. Tanami was the one who was initiating the conversations and she honestly had the urge to pull at the crystals that made up her hair. She knew Akihiko and Kagemi were not the picture perfect cut outs of social interactions, but at least they only insulted her height and not everything else.

Periwinkle eyes shifted to take a quick look at the clock hanging above the doorway. The hand moved, signaling that the time just changed to eleven. Tiredly, the female rose both arms up and laced her fingers together. Satisfying pops ran up her joints as she let out a small, relaxed noise of satisfaction. Dropping her arms, her fingers quickly moved to drum lightly on her thigh.

Her eyesight settled in front of her. She watched as another duo stumbled into the room. The pair appeared to be drenched head to toe. Hair stuck to their faces and necks as locks released droplets of water which splattered onto the tiles. Their footsteps squeaked with every step. Their soaked clothes clung to their frames as they continued to trek to the exit. Most likely to either get dressed in clean, dry clothes or to take a trip to the infirmary. Tanami figured that they were either in the flood zone or the hero had a water Quirk.

Either way, it seemed like Yoshimi and herself were most likely going to get soaked and that did not sound fun.

"Socializing sounds like a lot of work. This is why I prefer to stay in my room all day without any human contact." Yoshimi replied after a few seconds of thought. Then, his nose scrunched up as he stared diligently at the screen as he tried to force his character to outrun its captor.

Tanami felt her lips tug into a frown. Rolling her eyes, she thumped her fingers to the beat of a random song that popped into her head. "That's sad, you know. Everyone needs to talk to somebody. I may want to throttle my brother every day but he's still my blood relative and I wouldn't want anything to happen to him."