45| Nephrite Jadeite

『ARC FOUR: A BUTTERFLY'S DEDUCTION』

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

The gray curtains hanging on the window were pulled shut except for the thin gap running through the middle, allowing the setting sun's rays to filter through. A narrow line of light slightly illuminated the edge of Tomohiro's face while he laid on his bed. He was positioned on his side, almost on his stomach and his left arm was thrown over him. His eyelids were closed shut and his lashes would sometimes twitch in his sleep. His breathing was steady, chest rising and falling at a slow pace.

Vaguely, Tomohiro could hear nearly silent footsteps walking up the wooden staircase. He did not stir awake, opting that it was twins trying to not make any noise and that he was more asleep than awake. The footsteps halted at the top, waiting a few seconds before continuing once more down the hallway. This time around, he roused himself a bit by cracking his eyes open. However, as he was about to sit himself up, he decided not to at the last second.

Something told him he should wait before getting up.

Almost with no sound, the knob of his bedroom door turned before the door pushed open. Tomohiro shut his eyes, grateful he decided to sleep with his back turned to the door. The steps ventured forth, drawing near the bed. Cracks resonated into life, forming into something he could not distinguish. His breath hitched in his throat. That sounded like one of the twins' Quirks. Mainly when they started to materialize crystals.

He twisted around on his back, hand reaching upward to wrap around Tanami's wrist. He held her arm firm, watching the fluorescent green light of nephrite jadeite shift through the crystal's inclusions. His lips parted slightly when he realized that the gemstone was crafted in a jagged knife. Tanami's eyes widened slightly, surprise dancing in her periwinkle irises. She pulled at her arm but realized that Tomohiro's grip would not loosen.

Her jaw clenched. She raised her other hand, green light seeping out of her skin's pores.

Once Tomohiro realized what she was going to do, he pressed his good foot on the mattress and pushed. His free hand settled against Tanami's collarbone while he used his strength to shove the two of them against the carpeted floor. With a heavy thud, both of their bodies collapsed and the light was thrown elsewhere from the sudden action. A portion of the ceiling was covered in nephrite jadeite. The man did not even try to look at his ruined ceiling.

As lightly as he could, Tomohiro pressed his kneecap against Tanami's abdomen. He balanced on his other leg, feeling the pulses of pain running through his nerves. He grit his teeth, trying not to show any pain in his expression. With one hand, the ink-haired man managed to pin both of the teenager's arms above her. Droplets of black ink scattered across the bedroom, seeping into anything that it could. Some spilled onto Tanami's hair, dulling the lavender glow it emitted.