61- The Grave Choice

Start from the beginning

     Levi took a step off the wall. He began falling to the ground, a house away from them.

     "Fine, I get it, Levi." Zeke said. "We're both too injured. You want your sister. How about we call this a draw. You live and we het your sister. He turned to Bertholdt. "I'm sorry, Bertholdt.... But it looks like this is the end for you. Eren. Someday... I'll come save you."

      The cart titan began to turn away to flee again. However, Y/n stabbed her sword into one of the eyes of the cart titan. It roared and moved roughly around. Y/n shook her ropes loose and was shaken off. She fell onto Eren who let out a surprised grunt.

     "Wait, Y/n!" Zeke called. The cart titan began to run away. "Wait, Pieck! We still have to get Y/n!"

      "We failed in the side mission. We must accept our loss."

      With that, the two enemies were gone. Y/n felt an elbow in her back. She grunted. Eren breathed rapidly. "I'M SORRY! Captain Y/n! Are you alright? Did they hurt you?"

      Y/n rubbed her shoulders. They had been tightly in the jaws the whole time. They had gotten sore. "Yeah." She replied. She stood up with the assistance of Eren. The fight with Zeke had exhausted her probably past her limit. Adding to the fact that she had her moment and expended lots of energy, she huffed. But she kept going because this was a crucial battle ending. Letting it end like this would be unacceptable. She pointed to the incinerated body. "Who is that?"

     Suddenly, Levi landed on the roof. He was a mess. Almost every inch of him was stained with blood and dirt. His breathing was rapid and unsteady. His blades were dulled down almost to the ODM device. He was shaking from nervousness and or exhaustion.

      "Captain!" Eren yelped in surprise.

      "Big Bro!"

       "Y/n!" Levi exclaimed. He rushed to her and held her face. He turned it in several different directions. She was a bit wet from the saliva. "Are you alright?!" He questioned. "I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner. I'm so relived you're here!" He hugged Y/n tightly. Y/n gasped for breath. "I thought I almost lost you!"

      "You almost did, but I took care of it." Y/n choked. "Just as I had planned." I got here quicker than you. Also, I conserved gas.

      "Indescribably glad to hear it." Levi said. "I just used all my gas. We're going after him." Y/n nodded. "Eren, give me all your gas and your blades." He held his hand out.

     "...Right!!" Eren replied, reaching for his spare blades.

      "Hurry!" Levi ordered impatiently.

     Cough.

      Eren froze his actions. He slowly looked behind him. The body was somehow, amazingly... still clinging to life. It was holding on by the thinnest thread in the world. Mikasa landed next to Y/n. She saw the awful sight before her.

     Y/n and Levi were beside her, watching Eren scream at the body below him. He had his hands on both sides of their head. His tears fell on to the wheezing body.

     "YES!!!" Eren screamed. "C'MON, ARMIN!! HE'S BREATHING AGAIN!!"

     Y/n froze. T-That's... She looked at the brown, crispy body. Armin? What even...

     "YOU CAN DO IT! TAKE A DEEP BREATH! AGAIN!!"

      Mikasa grabbed her head and ran her fingers through her hair. "Armin?" She murmured.

     Y/n was frozen solid. The young blond she had known for a few years was before her. Laying on his back, grasping at any remaining life force he could. Wheezing and desperately gasping for any air available. Does he feel ant pain? Could he survive? Wait... The serum. Y/n took a deep breath.