Two Face's Predicament

Start from the beginning

The pair made it onto the ramp of the large aircraft and rode inside what was pretty much a garage. The craft was large enough to hold a couple of small vehicles and other machines used for their evil schemes. A Rocket grunt waited on either side of the entrance. Proton threw his helmet and keys to one of them, baring his teeth as he told them not to scratch his motorcycle. He strode ahead to the door that led to the actual interior of the helicopter, but his company...or captive, watched as the opening leading outside got smaller and smaller as the ramp closed. Did she really make the best decision? She didn't have much time to think about it.

"Hey, Two Face! You coming, or what?"

"Well, it looks like I don't have a choice," she said. 

"I mean, you could sit out here in the garage the whole way I guess, but they're not the best company," he said. He gestured to the two grunts, one of whom had returned from parking Proton's motorcycle. He had done so with the upmost care and attention. They both stood silently at attention, with electric batons hanging from their hips. Rocket grunts were notoriously cruel on the streets, but when the executives were around, especially Proton, they knew who won the competition for who could be the most violent. They didn't dare disrespect him, and those that did quickly learned their lesson.

The Mask Maker, or "Two Face" caught up with Proton, who was scanning his key card and putting the code in at the door so quickly that she couldn't see what it was, even though she tried. If she thought she was trapped before, she really was now. The door opened and the executive walked through, but a grunt stepped in front of the other trainer.

"Your Pokémon, please," he said. 

"What? No, I'm not—"

"Oh come on, she's a guest. Let her through," the voice on the other side said.

The grunt looked at Proton for a moment, as if asking why he was supposed to break protocol, and they looked as if they had exchanged glances, knowing something their "guest" didn't.

"We will need your phone, though, if you have one. They're trackable."

"I'm not dull enough to carry around a phone as a criminal."

He stepped aside and nodded, and the trainer walked through. She had walked into a small hallway, with a couple of doors leading into small rooms on either side. She followed Proton through the hallway past the doors, leading to a recreational area. There was a mini kitchen in the left corner, with a bar table separating it from the rest of the room. A couple of couches sat around a flat-screen TV that was mounted to the wall across from the kitchen. A couple of grunts were playing cards at the dining table in the right corner while an Alolan Meowth watched. One of them sighed and handed the other a few Pokédollars as Proton and The Mask Maker walked in. With a wave from Proton, they left. The guest had been counting the grunts since she walked in, and she counted 5 in the short time she had been there.

The further she walked into the aircraft, the more The Mask Maker felt like she was relinquishing her freedom. At least in jail she would be guaranteed to live. She still had her Pokémon, though, and she was a pretty strong trainer. She also had her mind control abilities, though they gave her a terrible headache, and she learned that if she used them too much she would collapse as well. She was still working out the kinks of the whole thing. She had also been training her combat skills, but they were nothing to write home about, especially against 6 people. Armed with faulty mind control power, shabby combat skills, and her Pokémon, she at least had a chance...right?

"Thirsty? Hungry?" Proton asked, snapping her out of her escape planning daze.

She was both of those things after all that the evening had involved, but thought twice before accepting anything. What if it was poisoned or something? But she was really hungry...and thirsty. She would need her strength is she needed to escape, after all.