Chapter 19

Y/n's P.O.V.

'Shit shit shit shit shit shit SHIT!!' I kept cussing in my mind as I sat between Athanasia and my half sister, Jeannette.

"So! Lady Y/n. How has your day been."
Jeannette asked.
"Oh! My day has been quite well, a little tired but overall Im fine. How about you?"

I forced a smile on my face. I can feel the black magic coming off from this girl.
I want to move away but I don't want to seem rude.

"I'm doing quite fine. Why so tired, did you not get enough sleep last night?" The blue eyed girl asked.
"Oh! Umm yeah, nightmares." I say while avoiding eye contact with the brown haired girl and looking down to my tea.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I hear Jeannette say in a very sad voice. I frown and look to see that she's about to cry and I panic.

"Wha!?- why are you crying! Don't cry!" I try to comfort her but the black magic that's leaking from her is making it hard for me to breath.

"No, I'm sorry. You look very bothered by me. I didn't mean to annoy you." Jeannette said while pouting. I frown in sympathy and shake my head.

"No, no, no. Don't be sorry. I'm not bothered by you. Like I said I'm very tired so my face isn't as happy but it doesn't mean I don't want you around." I say with a small smile.

I mean I wouldn't mind having her around if she didn't have so much black magic in her.

"*sniff* really?" I smiled and nod. I gently wipe the tears off her face.
"Will you forgive me for making you feel like you were a burden?" I asked.

Jeannette smiles once again and nods.
I sighed.
"Thank you." Jeannette said in a baby tone voice. Huh, I should use that on Pa sometimes.

Suddenly we hear someone clear their throats. Athanasia.
"Come on now. Let's not cry over small things. And Y/n, what is in your nightmares that causes you to need sleep all the time?"

Athanasia asked. I pulled away from Jeannette and turned my attention to Athanasia.
"Oh, well it's more like sleep paralysis"

"Huh? What's sleep paralysis?" Jeannette asked.
"It's when your wake but you can't move or speak. Like your paralyzed." I say while fiddling with my fingers.

"That sounds horrible!" Jeannette said in a worried voice. I just awkwardly chuckle
"I've heard that when you are in that paralyzed state there is either a demon or a scary looking ghost that scares you. Is that true?"

Athanasia said. She was on point.
"Uh yeah! Wow you are so smart princess." I say while smiling.

Athanasia giggles.
"Thank you~"

"But I do have to ask if there is a ghost or monster who scars you when you are paralyzed." Athanasia asked while sipping her tea.

I frown slightly but smile again.
"Yes. There is but I prefer not to speak about it."

The three of us talk for awhile until Felix comes up to us. He said that my fathers meeting was done and that he will escort me to the carriage

"Thank you for walking me to my carriage, Sir Filex" I sighed out.

Filex chuckled
"You sound exhausted. Was the princess not to your liking?" Filex said looking down at me with a sad and worried face.

"What!? Nononononono! No! The Princess was delightful. I'm just a little tired." I said while rubbing the back of my neck.

"Oh. Im sorry to hear that. How long have you been having trouble sleeping." Filex asked. I just smiled and shook my head.
"It's been happening for so long I don't even remember when it started."