Bonding

A early morning sunrise streaks through the curtains of Ross... and Rachel's bedroom. After some thought they realised it's probably the best option, plus Rachel basically lived there already. They love spending time with each other, and this'll just bring them closer as they days pass.

A stir of noise wakes Rachel from her slumber. Her eyes flutter open, she rubs the sleep from her eyes and turns to Ross' side of the bed. He's not in bed, his suitcase is though, and he's packing some papers and clothes in.

"Mmm what are you doing?" She yawns while sitting herself up, leaning her back oh the headboard.

"Remember I told you about my trip, for the lecture?" Just last week Ross got a call to join his team at the university on a small business and, 3 days maximum.

"Oh yeah yeah, I'm going to miss you." She pouts, Ross looks up and gives her a sweet smile and a sympathetic head tilt.

"I'm going to miss you too baby, and you." He leans over the bed and kisses her 15 week bump.

Rachel's just starting to show, they were worried that the baby was too small, but it's just because of Rachel's slim figure.

He pulls his bag off the bed and climbs back under the covers, laying his head on Rachel's legs, with his arms around her waist. "Do you think the baby's a girl or a boy?"

"A boy." She responds. "I don't care though, as long as the baby is happy and healthy."

"Me too, but I think it'll be a little girl." He pecks her stomach a few times and circles it with his finger.

...

Once Ross was gone Rachel was left alone... something that hasn't happened in a while. She's been glued to Ross' side for months now, and she wouldn't want it any other way. She may not see him all day, but the second they both get home from work they would be together. Now for the next few days Rachel has to entertain herself. Luckily today she has work to distract herself, but tomorrow's the weekend, meaning no work.

She journeys into the kitchen trying to find something to eat, but SOMEONE is being really fussy. She eventually settles for goldfish crackers, baby pickles and cream cheese. Weird to most people? Probably. But that didn't stop Rachel, she's been eating all 3 of these non-stop lately. She snacks away... well she eats more than half of the family sized bag of crackers, she has about 7 pickles and finishes off the remaining cream cheese from the other day. She's somehow still hungry... Hmm frozen yogurt! At 9am, sounds good to her.

She goes back to the bedroom and puts on a pair of jeans, a light grey blouse with white flowers and ties her curly hair into a side pony. She puts on a pair of comfortable flats and grabs a cardigan from the wardrobe. While grabbing her purse from the kitchen counter, a few knocks at the door catch Rachel's attention. She goes into the living room and pulls the chain off the door then opens it. Carol? Ben?

"Oh hey Rachel."

"Hi, how are you... come in." She lets the two in and Ben runs straight for the bathroom.

"I'm good, what about you... how's the pregnancy?"

"Well I just ate pickles, cream cheese and nearly a full bag of goldfish crackers." They both chuckle.

"Where is that damn Ross, he and Ben were going to the park today, then Ben was going to stay with you guys."

"They were? Ross is on a business trip for the weekend."