"It smelled like you"

"It smelled like you-"

___________

When I arrived at the Gryffindor common room I heard Fred and George laughing already, because they were probably talking about a prank they were planning. They were always so full of life- they spoke so wildly about the things they loved and cared about. George once told me that Fred would send a letter to Molly every two or three days, telling her how much he loved her.

"There you are Slytherin." they both came up to me and gave me warm hug. Then Fred pulled a freshly rolled blunt out of his pocket, "Let's go outside!"

The three of us were walking through the dark hallways, one of them on either side of me, making me feel safe. We made our way out of the castle, it was slightly raining but we didn't care. The moment we arrived George made sure we were alone outside while Fred already started smoking. While slowly getting high, we passed the blunt and it started getting smaller.

At some point I started to think of potions class and I turned to George, who was laughing about a joke that he made earlier

"Hey George, why did you look so angry in class earlier?" I asked him smilingly. Fred looked at him with wide eyes while George had a stressed look on his face

"What do you mean?"

"After Malfoy smelled the potion you looked mad. What was going on?"

Fred and George suddenly looked at each other in shock. They made some weird expressions, probably some kind of telepathic communication. I raised my eyebrows, but they didn't give me an answer, even though they obviously knew something I didn't. After we finished smoking we went back inside, sneaking through the hallways with our red eyes.

After we passed the corner where Malfoy saved me from Snape that night, I remembered what he told me.

"Guys! Let's sneak into the kitchen to get some food." I suggested. I would have sold my soul for something nice to eat, but Fred was too tired.

"Fine. You go to sleep, I go to the kitchen", I said confidently before turning around and disappearing in the dark. To be honest, I expected George to follow me, but he didn't. The moment I reached the kitchen, I tried my best to be as quiet as possible. It smelled so nice in there, making it hard for me to decide what I wanted to get.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I heard a voice saying behind my back. Of course it was him.

"Malfoy? You were the one who told me about it, don't you remember?" He had a chocolate muffin in his hand.

"But I didn't give permission to do the same. Especially not alone at night." He said in a dominant voice. With every sentence he spoke, he took a step towards me. He was towering over me, threatening me with every look he gave me.

"And who said I need your permission? Who the fuck do you think you are?" I hissed, coming even closer. He just didn't scare me anymore. I saw his tongue rolling inside of his mouth as he had his eyes half closed. Right before I planned to leave him he roughly grabbed my wrist.

"Don't you-" he got interrupted by a familiar voice echoing through the kitchen "Fucking leave her alone Malfoy.", it was George. Thank god he followed me. Malfoy kept queezing my wrist, but with less pressure, while he looked George's tall figure up and down.

"What are you doing here Weasley? Isn't it bedtime for you yet? Or are you not done fucking your little girlfriend?", then he looked at me again as he let go of my hand.

"At least I'm not as pathetic as you, abusing the person I like." George said confidently. Malfoy looked up at him with a shocked look on his face. Then his shoulder collided with George's before he stormed off.

"Ha! He's scared of me.", George walked towards me "Let's grab something to eat and go.". I was still staring at the door Malfoy disappeared through, thinking about what George had just said. I scratched my head, while looking at the chocolate muffin, that was now laying on the kitchen floor.

"George, what does that mean?" I asked, but he didn't react. "Abusing the person he likes?"

He sighed deeply, as if he regretted saying that. But after a few deep breaths he turned around, leaning on a table.

"You hate him, don't you? And he's abusive, isn't he?", he asked seriously, hoping I would agree.

"Yes, I do. But he hates me too" I said under my breath.

"No, he doesn't", he said quietly. His face looked sad and worried, but his eyes were fixated on me, watching every move I made. I shook my head and laughed it off, because I took it as a joke, until I looked at him again and realized that he wasn't laughing.

"Of course he does George, don't be silly." I walked to grab some chocolate from the counter, allowing George to grab my arm, much softer and more gently than Malfoy did.

"I'm not lying, Liv."

My face dropped in shock, how would he know?

Before I could say anything he leaned down to me, burying his face in my hair.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I pushed him off me. I needed to know what the fuck was going on.

"I lied to you-" he admitted while taking a step back, "I smelled the love potion.". It didn't really surprise me, because we both knew he would smell me anyway. But why did he make a big deal out of all that?

Even though I kept my mouth shut, my eyes revealed my confusion. I rolled my eyes as I shook my head and looked down. "And? What did you smell?"

He came closer again, tangling his hand in my hair as he looked deeply into my eyes.

"Champagne, summer rain and cinnamon.", my breathing got heavier and I felt a sting in my chest, but he was calm.

"It smelled like you, Liv. For both of us."