"Yours."

"Yours."

________

"Thank you.", I mumbled, obviously blushing from his words.

"Liv, I just wanted to tell you that you are more to me than just a friend. You never fail to amaze me. I can't help but smile whenever I talk to you and I just want to be with you all the time."

"George I"- I attempted to explain my feelings towards him but he just kept going

"The fact that I had to see you with Cedric today... I feel like he doesn't deserve you. You are the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on and..."

I stared into his eyes, absolutely hypnotized but still not ready to hear those words dropping from his lips. 'Please don't say it' was all I could think before he finally finished his sentence,

"I think I'm in love with you."

There it was. The only thing I didn't want to hear right now. He was so important to me -my best friend- and he just told me he loved me.

The fact that he was looking so attractive made it even harder for me to think straight, but deep down I knew that I didn't feel the same.

His words left me speechless for a while. We just stared at each other, standing in an empty hallway, drowning in each other's eyes. A part of me wanted him so badly- his touch, his skin, his lips on mine.

But his love? I knew I couldn't handle all of him.

"I know you don't feel the same. And I know that you're not mine-", he laid his hand on my blushed cheek

"but just for now, I want you to know that I am yours."

Then he gently slammed his soft lips against mine. I could feel his shaky breath sinking in mine as his hand tangled in my hair. His other hand slowly moved down my body, eventually grabbing my hip.

I found myself completely consumed and drowning in his soft touch and pure intentions. After a while of kissing me gently, he slowly lifted me up to press me against the cold wall that held my bare back. I hooked my legs around his hips and held the back of his neck - Fuck he was so strong.

His tongue playfully danced on mine as his hand taveled up and down my skin. His lips slowly separated from mine as he pressed soft kisses down my neck, causing me to let out a silent groan. I threw my head back against the wall and he moved his kisses up to my ear, whispering

"Fuck, you don't know how long I've waited for this:"

I felt his big hand grabbing my thigh, that was wrapped around him, gently stroking it. I could feel him smiling against my skin as his hand landed on my cheek again, "Yours." he muttered into the kiss. It was only after he said that, that I realized what I was getting myself into.

I didn't want him to be mine, and I didn't want to be his either.

I gently pushed his chest away from mine, dinstancing myself from his hungry touches.

"George. I don't think we should do that right now", I whispered carefully.

He looked at me, devastated from the thought of me feeling uncomfortable in his presence. He slowly loosened his grip on my thigh and let me down. As my feet touched the ground I felt relieved for a second.

"Don't get me wrong, I really liked it. It's just that I don't know what to feel. You're one of the most important people in my life and I don't want to hurt you."

He kept smiling, even though his eyes revealed the sound of his shattering heart. I could tell that he was struggling to find the right words to say and eventually the only words leaving his lips were:

"I understand. Sorry for putting you under pressure", then he lowered his eyes and turned around.

I sighed at myself, left alone once again.

I saw his tall figure walking away, imagining the war that was going on in his head right now. I leaned back against the wall, trying to stop myself from crying because I just broke my best friends heart. I looked up to see the moon shedding its dimmed light on the cold floor.

I wanted to get drunk. I wanted to hug George, but more than anything else- I wanted to be alone.

"Fuck it", I mumbled as I slowly made my way up to the astronomy tower.