"Wait. Wait. It's not my fault," Corey said quickly as Scott dragged him forward by the collar of his shirt. "They took him and I couldn't do anything. They took him. . ."

"Who?" Scott asked, trying to clear it up before Corey went any further.

Corey fell silent for a moment, calming himself down. "The Dread Doctors."

We all fell silent, knowing just how much worse this situation had become. At least when he was missing before, we had just thought he'd been with Mason and we'd had a chance. But now, he was with the Dread Doctors; even if we knew where to find him, it wasn't going to be easy.

Isaac sighed, "Well. . . that's just awesome."

♧♤♢♡

"We still haven't figured out why the Dread Doctors took me, Stiles. I still can't remember anything from that night," I reminded my boyfriend as I waited for Scott outside of the school.

Stiles was on his way to meet the Sheriff and Lydia. The strawberry-blonde had gone with Parrish in the morning in search of the Nemeton in hopes of figuring out what was going to happen and where the Hell Hound came into the plan.

I had wanted to go out there with them, but instead, I had gone with Scott and Liam. The two werewolves were currently talking to Theo and trying to negotiate, and we all thought it best that I was not present for that.

The only reason I was going with them was that we may go to the Dread Doctors' operating theatre, and I was hoping that would shed some light on what happened to me when they took me.

Plus, Stiles was worried about the Desert Wolf coming after me, so being with Scott gave him some reassurance. It was the only way he would let me go without him.

"Well, once we've found Mason, we'll talk to Theo again," Stiles replied from the other end of the phone.

I sighed, looking down at my shoes. "I know he lied to us constantly, but I think he was telling the truth this time. I really think that he doesn't know what they had him inject me with."

There was a moment of silence before he replied, "So, you really think that going there and triggering the memory is the only option?"

"I don't know if being experimented on is something I want to remember," I thought aloud. "But I need to know what they did to me. My abilities are stronger now, and I need to know why they would do that to me. Why would they make someone who wants them gone stronger?"

My mind thought back to Liam and Hayden's retelling of what had happened to them in the Dread Doctor's operating theatre. It didn't sound pleasant in the slightest, and what I imagined in my imagination of what they did was bad enough. But I needed to know.

"I don't know, Ri. Hopefully, this helps you figure it out. But please, if you see anything that looks like a Desert Wolf, run. For the love of everything, just get out of there, okay?"

I felt myself laugh as I straightened up, "Considering she makes even Malia nervous, I won't be sticking around if she shows up. Either way, I've got Scott and Liam and my abilities; I'll be fine."

I heard the door to the Jeep open as Stiles climbed out of his car. "I've just gotten to the station. Let me know how things go?"

I smiled, assuring him that I would call him as soon as I knew anything. I hung up the phone, pocketing it as I leaned against the outside of the school.

Even though I wasn't Theo's biggest fan, I hoped that he and Scott could come to some sort of agreement. Whether we wanted it or not, we were going to need Theo's help to stop the Beast.