And I noticed, the more I gaped at them, that they shared many traits such as their intelligent doe eyes and the way they held themselves in this group of people; not as if they deemed themselves higher ranked, but still proud and elevated.

"I'm Shuri," The girl who had spoken introduced herself, stepping forward to shake my hand. "And this is my sister, Tabia. We're T'challa's siblings."

"Hi, I'm that crazy girl you were probably told about," I took Shuri's hand. Tabia, who hadn't moved the entire time, smiled slightly at my words.

"Yes, we were told all about you," Shuri grinned. She seemed to be the mouthpiece of the sisters.

"So.. Thor's gone to get Loki. I have nothing else to do here. I guess.. see you guys later," I attempted turning to walk to the elevator.

"Hold it!" Tony snapped. I grimaced and faced the group again. "We want you to sign a contract."

I narrowed my eyes. "What kind of contract?"

Tony tapped on the piece of paper that sat on the coffee table. "You're only seventeen, kid. You're lucky I'm still giving you a choice," He said.

"What he means by that," Steve cut in quickly, seeing my mouth open to argue defiantly. "Is that we want you to be safe, Maze. And this contract will guarantee it."

"Right, I'm sure that's what dad meant," I snorted. "So what's on the stupid contract?"

"First of all, you have dinner with us twice a week," Natasha cut in.

"I already hate it. Go on," I grunted.

"You attend school regularly, not just as you please," She continued. "Just wait till I'm finished!" She insisted when I frowned. "You help us find a cure for the Wakanda virus and no more stealing from us."

"And.. what do I get in return?" I asked.

"We allow you to continue living by yourself and we don't hack into your system and keep an eye on you at all times," Bruce said.

"I'd like to see you try," I scoffed. Tony rolled his eyes, showing me his phone screen.

"In the last five seconds, I found her name.. A.N.D.R.E.A, is it?" He cocked his head. "You learned from the best, sweetheart."

I growled. "I want five hundred thousand every week and your green Tesla," I told him.

"Not happening," Tony replied, narrowing his eyes. "You can have three hundred thousand a week and my yellow convertible."

"Four hundred thousand a week and the lime BMW."

"Six hundred thousand a week but no car. Final offer."

I weighed the bargain momentarily, taking the contract from Steve, skimming over the words. They were basically verbatim of what the Avengers had already told me. "I'll take it home and think about it," I said, pushing the paper into my bag.

"Just so you know, we made digital copies, which means burning that contract won't change a thing," Tony said.

"Look, everyone. Tony made a funny," I rolled my eyes. "Well if you're done kidnapping me, I'll be on my way." I once again turned around.

"How are you getting home?" Steve asked.

"Bus," I called back, grinning to myself, imagining how my father would react to his daughter taking public transport.

"Let me drop you off," A soft voice said. Wanda Maximoff walked to my side. I studied her for a moment. She may have been the only Avenger I trusted right now. "Fine. But don't tell any of these lot where I'm living yet. I don't need 'I survived the army of aliens' postcards in my mail every other day."

Wanda smiled. "Of course not," and lead me to the elevator.

We sat in silence for most of the way back to my house, interrupted only by the GPS giving directions. "I really do miss having you around," Wanda finally said when we were only about five minutes away from my house. "I wish you'd consider the contract. I mean actually consider it."

"I will. I promise. And.." This was something I could barely admit to myself. "Seeing you guys twice a week would actually be nice. It'd be a change from microwave Mac n cheese in bed every night, anyway."

"Good. I mean it when I say everybody misses you," Wanda said gently.

I scoffed.

"No, I'm being serious. I think I even saw Steve shed a tear when you left that night," Wanda giggled. I turned my head towards the window, watching as each house progressively became more drab.

"He didn't try and stop me from leaving," I muttered. "None of you did." I couldn't face Wanda but her shock was nearly tangible.

"We thought objecting would just make you angrier," Wanda said. "And we knew you had to be on your own for a while. It would do you some good to grow your own perspective."

"Sure," I mumbled.

"Maze!" Wanda snapped. "We all love you. Like family, remember?" She took my hand, a little more aggressively than she had to, but held it firmly. "And would I lie to you? My boyfriend's a robot."

I had to crack a smile. "How's that going, by the way?"

"Vision?" Wanda said, pulling up outside my house. "Really great, actually. I never knew a man made from vibranium could be so..."

I nodded understandingly. "Good in bed?"

Wanda choked. "What? No!" She spluttered. I grinned, holding up a hand for her to high-five. She rolled her eyes, pointing a finger at my car door. A red swirl of magic wrapped around the handle and pushed it open for me. "Don't tell the dweebs where I live yet, yeah?" I ensured, kissing her swiftly on the cheeks.

"I know. I know. Now go, before I tell Steve what you said about Vision."