Chapter 14

The guards were hot on his trail. Will took a sharp turn towards the church exit and almost knocked down a statue. A pointy end of the statue had made a cut along Will's right shoulder blade. Fuck. Will thought as the it stung, slowing him down. He took another turn and came to the church doors. He launched himself at them but they were locked and ended up wacking his face hard against the hard wooden door.

* * *

"Will? Will! Are you alright?"

A familiar voice hovered upon Will. He slowly blinked open his eyes and saw Alex. "Oh my stars, Will. I thought-"

Will groaned. As soon as he gained his consciousness, the world blurred away with a sharp pain in his head.

* * *

Alex' arms were beginning to ache. He tried to get into a comfortable position but it was no use. His wrists were cuffed with cold iron chains securing him to the wall. He groaned in pain. The chains and torn through his skin where it was tight and he could feel the warmth of his blood running down his arm.

He directed his attention towards Will, who was lying down on the floor unconscious and bruised. He was brought in soon after Alex had been chained to the wall unconscious and bloody. Alex had begged the guard to unchain him for a few seconds to let his hold Will. He had begged them to give Will the medical attention he needed. He had begged them to atleast leave them with a glass of water, but they didn't. Of course they didn't. They were Ari's guards. Alex called out Will's name again. Will groaned and turned on his back. Alex sighed in relief.

At least he's still alive.

* * *

Will blinked open his eyes to see a the metal door of a cellar. The pounding in his head had died down, but a small ache was still there. He tried to move, but something held himself back. He looked over his shoulder and saw that he was chained to the wall. Will mentally sighed and kept on looking around on. His eyes scanned the room until he saw another figure chained to the wall. Unlike Will, he was hanging from the wall. His clothes were torn, hair tousled and he looked filthy.

Will adjusted himself letting his legs come infront of him and his hands to be going up against his ears and up. He pointed his toes to reach the other boy and kicked him gently. "Hey, Wake up."

The other boy softly groaned. "Five...more...minutes..." he whispered. Will one this voice. Without a dought it was "Alex?"

Alex growled and titled his head towards Will. "Didn't you hear me?" He said in a rough voice. "Five. More. Minutes!"

"Alex? Alex, it's me, Will."

Alex' head jerked up. "Will...I-I....I'm sorry about all of this-"

"Alright, love birds. Time to bust you two out of this popsicle join."