Sam Wilson x Reader - Sunshine

Start from the beginning

"Guys, I've got company." I spoke into the comma, grabbing my handgun and readying myself for a fight. There was no cover and no escape.

"Y/N, I'm on my way. When I say jump, jump. I'm going to catch you." Sam said quickly and there was another loud bang against the door.

"You want her to jump off the building? Are you insane?" Bucky yelled, but the door burst open and I shot at the masked HYDRA agents, but I was greatly outnumbered.

"Y/N, now!" I shot another round, feeling a sharp pain shoot through my arm, but I didn't let it distract me as I turned and jumped.
I was terrified and hurt, but I trusted Sam. If he said he was going to catch me then he was going to catch me, if he didn't... trusting him was the last thing I'd ever do.
Arms wrapped around me suddenly and I won't lie and say that it didn't hurt, but at least I was alive.
"I've got you, sweetheart." Sam mumbled and I held onto him tightly, refusing to open my eyes.

"The jet is compromised. Fall back to the motel. We'll meet you there." Steve spoke and neither of us responded. My arm was hurting bad, but I'd live, at least until we made it back to the motel. It wasn't too far, a few miles at most.
We had prepared for something like an ambush. Steve always insisted on a plan B and I had never been more thankful for an abandoned motel.
As soon as my feet touched the solid surface, known to most as the shitty motel roof, I let out a shaky sigh, dropping to my knees.

"Sweetheart? Y/N, hey." Sam kneeled in front of me, putting his gloved hands on my shoulders. I winced and his eyes widened as he lifted his goggles.
"Christ, you're bleeding. Why didn't you say anything?" He scolded, but I could clearly see he wasn't angry, just worried. I just shook my head, letting him help me inside and into the room he claimed as his own.
"I'm going to need to take a look at that and I can't do that whilst you're suited up. Do you want me to run down to your room and grab you something to wear or are my clothes alright?" He held a small pile of clothes in one hand and I forced a smile, holding out my own hand, accepting the clothes.

"Thanks, sunshine." I mumbled, feeling a little lightheaded from the bloodloss. I had endured worse, but bloodloss always sucked. He closed the door, leaving me alone in the bathroom to change privately. I did so quickly, except, after realising that his tee came mid way down my thigh, I didn't bother with the sweatpants he had given me. They looked way too big anyway.

"Y/N?" Sam knocked and I sighed, folding my suit as best as I could.

"Yeah, you can come in." I replied, looking at the bloody mess in the mirror. It wasn't too horrible, but it wasn't great either.
I turned to face him, leaning on the counter slightly. He had taken his own suit off and was wearing a dark pair of sweatpants and a grey tee.
His eyes scanned what I was wearing, more like, what I wasn't wearing and he hesitated.
"You okay, Sam?" I asked and his eyes snapped to mine.

"Yeah. I'm not the one who got themselves shot." I rolled my eyes, a small smile tugging at my lips as he came forward, carefully taking my arm in his hands.
"It's not as bad as I thought. It's just a graze."

"Hurts like Hell." I mumbled and he chuckled, leaving the room and coming back with a first aid kit. He placed it down on the counter and then, without warning, he put his hands on my waist and lifted me up, sitting me down next to it. I glared at him slightly, but he ignored me, smirking. Standing between my legs, he opened up the first aid kit with one hand, pulling out what he needed, his other hand on my thigh. His smirk didn't falter and I found myself mirroring his expression. Two could play at that game.

"This is going to sting." He warned as he cleaned the wound, causing me to tense up and hold onto his arm.
"You alright?"

"I'm a big girl, Sam. I'm fine." I mumbled, meeting his eyes.
"I've had worse." He continued to clean it and my hand dropped from his arm onto his t-shirt, balling it into my fists. It genuinely hurt and without thinking, I pulled my legs closer, effectively pulling Sam closer.

"I've got you, sweetheart." Sam mumbled, clearly feeling guilty.
"Lift your arm for me." I did as he said as he pulled out a roll of bandages, deciding to just put both of my arms over his shoulders. He wrapped up the wound quickly and neatly, but neither of us moved.
"How does that feel?"

"Better already, doc." I joked and he smiled slightly. I looked down at the tee I was wearing, it had ridden a little higher on my thighs and I would have been embarrassed if it was anyone else. Sam and I had known each other for years, he was my best friend. He was my sunshine.

"Y/N?" I looked up, meeting Sam's eyes once again, before they closed and his lips pressed against mine. To say I was shocked was an understatement. Although, it wasn't a bad kind of shocked. I kissed back after a few seconds and his arms wrapped around my waist.
Someone cleared their throat and we both jumped, turning to see a smirking Bucky.

"If I were HYDRA you'd both be dead."

"If my Grandmother had wheels she would have been a bike." I muttered, glaring at him slightly, before there was a noise behind him.

"Bucky, what are you- oh." Steve stopped, looking at us with wide eyes.
"Um, I'm glad you're okay now, Y/N." The blond awkwardly smiled and Bucky snorted.