Twenty Six

Read a/n at the end please! Thank you!
Edit; this is the second last chapter :))
-

Everyone had already left including Taehyung and now I was all alone sitting in my room, grazing over the boxes wrapped with colourful papers and packs. Hopefully they all have written their names on it. It was a good thing I got to thank them all.

I might be the happiest person in the world right now.

After changing into my PJ's I quickly sat on my bed with the colourful boxes and started unwrapping them one by one. I was slight surprised because the boxes which had gifts like bracelets or earrings, looked pretty expensive but I guess they don't care much as grim reapers? Yeah money is nothing for them except a piece of paper. I received a really cute phone case of my favourite rapper Gloss. It was just his logo not his picture because he never revealed his face but I love him. I'm still curious to how he looks like but the bigger mystery is who gave me this? Haha anyways I still love it.

The only gifts left now were of Jimin and Taehyung. I decided to open Jimin's first.

 I decided to open Jimin's first

It was beautiful as fuck.

The surprising part was that those shiny light thingy inside it swirled slowly inside the glass ball and even slightly change colours. I'm not sure if the colours mean something but-

Oh there's a note inside it.

The colours change on your mood. You'll know once you get angry at me the next time ;) Happy birthday!
-J

What a brat. But this is so cute I actually love it. I looked at the globe again and it had now streaks of yellow in it. Super cool.

I looked at the small black box with a white ribbon on it and started unboxing it.

The galaxy kinda coloured (idk if that's correct) is what you get lazyasses (ik you're a badass but bear with me)

"I see you opened mine finally," I heard Taehyung behind me and not gonna lie I slightly flinched.

"Can you not always creep up on me?" I groaned turning around to see him smirking at me.

"Wear it, I want to show you something." He stated simply and I tilted my head to the side before picking up the ring and putting it on my ring finger. Why?

I looked back at Taehyung's hand and he had the same, but different coloured one on his ring finger too. So it would have been weird if I had worn it on some other finger.

Taehyung came closer to me making me raise my brow at him questioningly. He took my hand where I had the ring and brought it closer to his. The moment our rings touched, a shiny small light appeared on it and in a flash, I saw...a lot of..pictures.

"These are memories..." Taehyung said softly, mumbling the last part. "Of us..."

I was stunned. Couple rings and our memories together? My heart started to beat really fast and loud, too loud for maybe even him to hear it as it was silent. My feelings...my feelings for him...why do I feel like they are becoming more clearer by each passing second. Can you hear my heartbeat, Taehyung? Is your heart racing too? Does your hear race when you see me too?

"Taehy-

"Shh...y/n," he turned to me, slowly removing the joined rings before the flash stopped. I saw couple of them, they were when I first met Taehyung, when we went to the fair together, had ice cream, all the memories of our past 12 days together. This can't be ... Why are tears forming in my eyes?

Luckily for me, I don't think Taehyung noticed.

"Happy birthday to you, again. I came up with this idea remembering when we went to the Japanese themed fair on our first day,"

You... remember?

"I...really love it Taehyung. I'm really happy, words are not enough to express my happiness. Thank you," I said and looked anywhere but at his eyes. I still have that ring from the fair kept safely with me. Why...? I didn't know before but I'm pretty sure now...

I looked at the time and it was 11:59 pm. A minute before my birthday ends. I should probably clean this and go to sleep.

"Taehyung-

Before I could complete saying, I felt a pair of soft lips on mine making me slightly taken aback. I know it wasn't the first time we kissed but...this felt slightly different from others. This felt...more genuine...? More lovable...? I don't know.. I'm bad at..these things. Without hesitation, I kissed him back. It wasnt anything aggressive, it was just a soft kiss which lasted just seconds. Taehyung snapped his fingers and all the boxes and gifts were placed neatly beside my table, before he picked me up and put me to sleep, pulling my blanket over me.

"Good night, y/n," he said and kissed my head. I didn't get the chance to reply back to him as sleep already took over me.

-

Taehyung did not return after that.

After that night we shared our memories and a special kiss...he just didn't come back. 2 days passed just like that and before I even knew, it was the last day of our deal.

Last day of my life.

I'm not sure about his feelings. I never was because when you love someone, either you take up all the hints they give correctly or its just a mistake of your delusional mind. I'd like to believe the last part. Also, there's no in between.

Jimin did visit me yesterday saying how he was such a nice person to give me such a wonderful gift. Of course he was just being his funny self but I genuinely thanked him because I really liked it. He did see my sad mood yesterday but didn't ask why. Instead he asked me if he could take me somewhere around to cheer up (I was surprised) but I ended up declining politely because I didn't wanted to go out.

At all.

But...

Will he not even come today?

I was currently in my blanket since it was freezing outside and slightly snowing too. I slightly was surprised that it was snowing at the end of October but it was almost November.

Should I nap?

My last day spent napping? Hell nah. I'm going out as soon as it stops snowing. But what will I do then-

"Y/n...?"

-

*Nervous smile* haha h-hi...I KNOW IM SORRY I DIDNT UPDATE IN MONTHS BUT IM BACK TO FINISH THIS BOOK. YOU ALL ARE SO LOVELY to dm me and write msgs for this book like- aha my heart TWT I love you all very much.

This book is almost at its end, a chapter or two left. Thank you for accompanying me with my journey with this book. Haha my English sucked. But yeah, I'm so grateful for all the 55k+ views and 3k+ votes. That's a huge amount okay?!

Well yeah that's all I want to say TT

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

-Divdiv