45. Confirmation of fate

Start from the beginning

"I'll go against you." Hermione suggested confidently.

"Allright." Y/n smiled.

"Oi you two you might want to watch this." Ron called to his brothers.

Looking up and seeing what was about to happen Fred and George came running over.

"Five sickles y/n wins." Ron whispered to George.

"You're on. Hermiones smarter." He said quietly.

"Fuck you George." Y/n said.

Fred and Ron laughed, but George went a bit red and half smiled "sorry love...go get her Hermione!"

Y/n and Hermione laughed and shook their heads "ready?" Hermione asked.

Y/n nodded, getting into position and tying her hair back.

The two witches stood some what six metres away from eachother, and raised their wands in front of them.

"Ready ladies?" Ron asked from the side. They both nodded "okay...and begin." He announced the start of the duel. Hermione had insisted that it followed the correct rules of wizard dueling.

Hermione was quick to cast the first spell "bluebell flames." This charm was a speciality of Hermiones. It caused light blue flames to shoot from one's wand. The flames would singe or sting the victim but not burn like ordinary flames. The fire struck y/ns thigh and she jumped slightly in shock.

"You sneaky bitch." Y/n giggled.

"See told you she was smarter." George said confidently.

"Everte statum." Y/n said rather effortlessly. And just like that Hermione was thrown backwards and landed on her rear. She stood up quickly and raised her wand. By this point a few more students had gathered round, including Harry.

"Well done y/n that's a hard spell." He said.

"Immobulus." Hermione called in the hope to freeze y/n on the spot.

But y/n reacted quickly "Finite incantatum." Casting the counter spell
and terminating Hermiones jinx before it could strike her. "You were going to freeze me on the spot?" Y/n asked.

"Well i was going to unfreeze you after." Hermione said.

"Oh its on." Y/n smirked.

"Still feeling like you bet on the right witch?" Ron asked George sarcastically.

Various spells were thrown back and forth, each matching eachothers abilities well. George continued hyping up Hermione, and Ron done the same for y/n which was ironic considering...well just wait a few more years.

"Expelliamus." Hermione called. Y/ns wand flew out of her hand and hit the wall behind her.
Y/n Quickly turnt to grab her wand, but Hermione wasted no time in trying to win the duel "everte statum"

Y/n hadnt reached her wand yet, so she raised her hand in anticipation of the final blow from Hermiones spell. Her eyes squeezed tightly shut.

But nothing hit her.

Had hermione cast the spell wrong? No that doesn't sound right. Hermione never gets spells wrong.

Y/n moved her hand away from her face and looked to see Hermione lying flat on her back, having been knocked over by something. The crowd of people who'd been watching the duel all looked extremely shocked.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Urm let's call it a day guys, same time next week." Harry ushered everyone out of the room and now only the original group of five plus Ginny and Harry were left.