"If there's any reason I came here," I quickly replied. "It's not to speak ill of Daphne but to comfort you. I don't know what really went on between the two of you, but I think Daphne wouldn't have reacted that way if you're actions were reasonable."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "So are you insinuating that it is I who is at fault here."

My heart started beating loudly in my chest. "I was just trying to help, Anthony."

"Well, you aren't." He shouted at me.

Instinctively, I reached out for his hand. It was soft to the touch, and smooth. "Then, I'm here to listen."

His fiery eyes, started to soften. His facial expressions toned down. With teary eyes, he said to me. "I have flaws. I can't be perfect, yet everyone expects me to be. It just gets hard some times."

I simply nodded. I didn't want to cut him off of his flow of emotions.

"I love Daphne so much. I want the best for her as her brother. But why do I feel like I'm doing a horrible job at it?"

"You're not," I assured him. "All you need to do is to loosen a little bit. Your sister is smart. I'm sure she won't let a cruel man own his heart."

As I said it, a little teardrop fell off of his eyes. It streamed down in his cheeks. "Thank you."

I smiled at him, and offered a hug. Quickly, he wrapped his arms around me. He embraced me tightly. At that moment, I understood it was something he needed.

"Thank you," he whispered as he pulled away from the hug. "You're so kind to me."

"You would have done the same," I replied.

He chuckled. "You have misjudged me, Lady..."

"Calypso," I continued for him. "We met during Lady Danbury's ball."

"Yeah," he said. "I knew that. You were the lady who bumped into me during the day of the Queen's judgement."

I simply nodded, blushing at the idea that he remembered who I was.

"Please forgive me for not remembering your name," he apologized. "I'm just terrible at it."

"With the loads of expectations on your shoulder, I can see why that happens."

He laughed. "You're good at this. Any man who wishes to be your husband would be lucky."

In that instant, my cheeks went hotter. I almost rolled my eyes at him had I not been too focused on controlling my reactions. "That's so kind of you."

"I try to be," he said. "Sometimes."

"Well, you are." I confidently agreed with him. "Aren't you?"

He stared at me, taking a few seconds to ponder on the question I have asked. "I guess, we'll see what the people has to say to that. When they look at me, all they see is a flawed viscount who suddenly lost his temper."

"Why do you care so much about what others had to say?" I asked, quite raising my voice. If only he knew that a lot of people think of him as perfect, with me included.

"Because that's how I was brought up."

"You don't have to be," I said. "Many people love you, Anthony. I do."

Wow. As soon as I blurted it out, I couldn't take it back. So, I immediately followed it with words to cover up my feelings for him.

"I do. They do. A lot of people do. All you have to do is to focus on that and not on those who rudely criticizes you as their form of entertainment. You may be flawed, but who isn't?"

"My sister," he said.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, I think you might be right on that."

He laughed. Then I did too. It was a nice feeling, the kind that you sure will keep replaying in your head before you fall asleep.

"Thank you, Lady Calypso." He said, with smile painted on his face.

"It's nothing, Sir Anthony."

"Well, to me, it's everything."

And if you are wondering what happened to me as he said that, I think I might have short-circuited.

°°°
AUTHOR'S NOTE

I needed to write this to tell all my readers that the next updates might take some time. I'm loaded on schoolworks with daily examinations.

It's stressful. Online school is stressful.

Anyway, I hope you keep reading and will be patient with me.

Thank you so much!!!

~ evan smith ~