4 Of Them

*edited 8/31/16*

Laney's POV:
I froze when I heard an inaudible sound.

Maybe it was the wind?

I shrugged my shoulders and started walking again.

"Please, stop. Someone! Help, please!"

This time, I knew it wasn't the wind.

That was a person! Crying for help! Laney, you have to help them!

What if I get kidnapped? What if it's a trap? What if-

You need to go help them now, or you'll regret it later! My thoughts argued.

I mentally groaned to myself. I knew this was a bad idea.

Why do I always want to help people?

I started sprinting to the place I heard the plea from.

It was an alleyway.

Offfffff courrrrsee. The place where the murderer rapists likes to hide. Why couldn't it have been a candy shop? Or Hot Topic?

I hid myself behind the corner, and quickly glanced down the alleyway.

I see a girl being pressed against a brick wall by 4 men. I freeze not knowing what to do.

Should I help her now or run and call the police?

I tried to stay calm, but my heart started to race.

What should I do?

I have made up my mind.

I crept down, and started slowly walking towards them. I stayed in the shadows.

Don't do this. My thoughts warned.

Shut up, brain. She needs help.

All of the sudden, one of them turned around and looked straight at me.

I stopped and covered my mouth so I wouldn't make a noise.

He had short brown hair, and looked about 5'9. The thing that stood out the most was his dark, crimson eyes.

No human could see me in this dark corner, but it looked as though he wasn't human.

"Lads, we have company." He said in a British accent.

They all turned towards me, and I still didn't dare to make a sound. The girl fell to the ground as though she was lifeless.

I then noticed the tiny streaks of blood that came from her neck, arms, and chest.

Oh my god.

This can't be real.

Maybe I got a concussion from my stepmother?

Maybe I'm mentally unstable.

I stayed there like a statue. They all looked straight into my eyes.

How are they seeing me?

They started walking closer, so without a word, I ran towards the end of the alleyway to escape.

My adrenaline had kicked in, and I was running so fast it felt like I was unstoppable.

Before I could cry with happiness because I was escaping, one of them appeared right in front of me in a flash. He had short, curly, brown hair and blood red eyes.

Red eyes.

Blood streaks.

Fastness.

They were vampires. FREAKING VAMPIRES! The ones you read about in FICTION stories!

He grabbed me by the arms, and before I knew it, my instincts took over and I kneed him where no man should be kneed.

He gasped in pain, released his grip on me, and held the wall for support. I took this chance to run again.

This time, I was tackled to the ground by the first guy. I groaned at the full pain that lurked in my head. My arm was being crushed between the ground and I. The man stood up off of me, and easily lifted me off the ground with one hand. He held on to me.

Curly stood in front of us again.

"She kneed me!" He said, angry. 

"You're welcome." I sarcastically responded.

"Well, you are a feisty one aren't you, love?" One of them said.

"Leave me alone!" I said bravely.

"Not going to happen." One said before pinning me to a wall.

"I said let me go!" I yelled.
Before I could knee him too, I was grabbed and thrown against a wall.

I started to see black spots, and then I passed out once again.