Chapter 10

*VALENTINES DAY SPECIAL AHEAD. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!*

Dan was still asleep beside me. His hair was messed up and curly. I smiled and brought my hand up to play with his hair. He moved a little closer. A smile spread across his face. "Happy Valentines Day," He mumbled, eyes still closed. I laughed a bit, "I thought you were asleep." He shook his head, "You thought wrong." He moved closer, leaning his head on my shoulder. 

"Never straighten your hair again," I told him and he shook his head against my shoulder. "But it's adorable," I told him. "Too bad," He mumbled, making me laugh.

[Quick A/N from 2017: ^^ young me would be so happy with Dan not straightening his hair now, omf.]

--

"We have big plans today," Dan told me. "Oh, really?" He nodded, smiling wide. "What are those plans now?" I asked, but Dan only shook his head. "Can't tell you. It's a surprise," I rolled my eyes, "Fine. It better be good though." He smiled, "Be ready in two hours." I saw Dan wink before he walked off down the hall. A confused look was planted on my face. I saw Arianna and she laughed.

--

"I know what Dan is planning so I'm going to be the fashion expert and help you get ready," Arianna said, looking through my clothes. I shook my head, rolling my eyes. "I know you'll love his surprise." Arianna said, still searching through for anything decent for me to wear. She threw one of the few dresses I have out to me. It was a dress with a navy top and flourish bottom. It had a small, brown belt thing attached to the waist. "Okay, go take a shower. I'm going to fix your hair when you're done," I laughed and grabbed the dress, walking out of the room and to the bathroom.

--

"Okay! Now to work my magic!" Arianna said, pushing me down onto the chair in front of the vanity. "Oh.. Okay," I laughed out. She grabbed my curling iron and smirked. "I have a great idea," Arianna said, plugging in the curling iron. I grabbed my phone, scrolling through twitter as Arianna did everything she wanted to my hair. It ended with my hair curled messily and a braid strand going around my head. It actually looked pretty good. 

"I think I did good," Arianna said, admiring her work. "Okay, great, but I only have 15 minutes left." I pointed out. "Oh!" She exclaimed and pointed to some jewelry that she had laid out on the vanity. "Put that on." She told me. There was a pair of small arrow earrings and a couple necklaces. "Can I wear my ring?" I asked, referring to the ring that I wear a lot. She shook her head, "You won't need it." I looked at her confused before shrugging it off. She pulled out my black pair of converse. I smiled as she pulled out my leather coat. I've been wanting an excuse to wear that. 

"What are you going to do while we are gone?" I asked her while I slipped on my shoes. "Oh, Phil and I are having a movie night," I raised my eyebrows up and down at her, smirking. When I finally had my shoes and coat on, the remaining fifteen minutes were gone. Arianna pushed me out of the door, leading me down the hall to the lounge. "DAN, YOU BEST BE READY," Arianna yelled. I could hear Dan's laugh from in the lounge. All of the sudden, I got nervous. I had no idea why. Arianna pushed me into the lounge and I laughed as I stumbled, trying not to fall. As I gained my balance back, I spotted Dan. He was dressed in black skinny jeans, a white shirt, and a black blazer. The lack of any colors besides white and black didn't surprise me. "You look great," Dan said, getting close to me and putting his hands on my waist. "It's all thanks to Arianna," I laughed. "Eh, you always look great." Dan said, leaning down a small bit to kiss me.

--

No matter how much I tried to get it out of him, Dan wouldn't tell me where we were going. I'd find out soon though. His arm was wrapped around my shoulder as we walked down the street to wherever his surprise was. I thought it would just be dinner and then something fun, but obviously, I didn't know what Dan could do. I realized that when I saw a park and Dan started leading me through the trees. It was dark until I saw a path of fairy lights strung across the branches of the trees. I looked up at them in awe. They led us all the way to a place that looked truly magical. There was a clear spot, surrounded by trees. There were a few huge rocks that had beautiful lights sat upon them. On top of the rocks was a blanket and a few more things. I looked at Dan who was staring at me, watching my reaction. 

"Woah.." I mumbled, still taking in all the beauty of it. "It's our kingdom," Dan said. I looked at him, mouth curling into a wide smile. Dan led me over to the rocks. He stepped up onto them, climbing up the biggest one. He grabbed my hand, helping me up. We sat down and I was still in awe. How had he managed to do all of this? It doesn't matter to me. I just can't believe that anyone would do anything like this for me. "This is amazing," I mumbled. Dan laughed slightly. Dan motioned towards a box laid out in front of us. "Open it," He said, smiling. I took the box and pulled the top off, only to reveal a ring box. This can't be what I think it is. I looked over at Dan. He took the ring box and opened it, showing it to me. 

"Megan.." Oh my god, it is what I think. "I love you with all of my heart and I know we just got back together, but I don't even want to count the last few weeks as a reality. I want to be there to help you through everything," My mouth was now open in shock and I had to cover it with my hand. "Will you marry me?" By now, tears were welling up in my eyes and I was shaking. I brought my hand away from my mouth. "Yes. Oh my god. Yes," I was bawling. He took the ring out of the box and took my hand, slipping it on. I moved my hand, looking at it. "You are the best," I said, pulling him into a hug. He laughed, wrapping his arms around me tightly. "I love you so much," I exclaimed as I pulled away. Dan connected our lips in a quick motion. I kissed back. "Thank you for everything," I mumbled after he pulled away.

Phil's POV

"I've got the popcorn!" I shouted as I walked into the lounge where Arianna was putting in a movie. Arianna laughed, turning her head to look at me. I made a weird face at her before falling onto the couch. She walked over and jumped down onto the couch. She laughed as she lent against me. I looked over at her. Our eyes met and I felt like I needed to make a move. I lent forward connecting our lips. She kissed back, pushing me against the couch.

--

I got out of the shower, slipping on the clothes that I brought with me which was just a pair of sweatpants and one of Dan's shirts. I smiled as I put my ring back on. I went back upstairs and went into the lounge to find Arianna. She looked over at me and smirked, "Have fun last night?" I felt my cheeks heat up, blush growing across them. 

"Shut up," I told her. "You should've shut up last night," Arianna burst out laughing. I put my hands over my face. "Oh, I see that ring there," Arianna pointed out. I pulled my hands away from my face. "You knew he was going to do it.." I said, laughing under my breath. "Yeah, but I didn't see the ring," She said, getting up and rushing over to me. She took my hand, looking at the ring. I laughed at her. 

"Woah," she said. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. Arianna looked up, "Hi." She looked back at the ring. I heard Dan's laugh from behind me. I pulled my hand away, "Okay, I feel like you're going to steal it while I'm asleep." Arianna looked at me, confused. "No. What? I would never do that," She said, nodding. She quickly left the room, leaving me laughing at her weirdness. I turned to face Dan. 

"Hello, beautiful," He said, smiling. A blush grew across my cheeks for the second time in five minutes. I lent forward, burying my face in his shoulder to hide my blush. "You're adorable," He said, making me shake my head against his shoulder. I stood back up straight. I was just staring at him, smiling. "Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked. "Because I love you," I replied. "Well, I love you too," He leaned down, pecking my lips lightly.

**2000 words. New record for me.

It's not even Valentines Day anymore. Oops.

The notification didn't go out for the last chapter and I swear, if it doesn't go out for this one, I am done with Wattpad. It just hates me.

Update from 2 minutes later: The notification didn't go out. I'm starting a riot against Wattpad. Who's in?**

[Edit from 2017: Everyone who has already read this before I edited it.. can you please just forget that the original had smut in the chapter? Because it was the cringiest thing to ever exist and I have wanted to edit this whole series just to take that part out. So, it is now gone and I shall leave that part to all of your imaginations.]