Chapter 4

Phil's POV

I hugged my legs and rested my head on my knees. I was sat in the corner of the lounge and was worrying about.. Well, everything. I haven't seen or heard from Megan nor Dan in days. Almost a week now. I saw the door open and Arianna looked at me. I could only see her face though, because she was peeping out the side of the door. 

"Phil?" She asked, and sat down next to me, pressing her arm against mine and leaning her head on my shoulder. I winced in pain and suddenly bit my lip to stop, but Arianna immediately stopped leaning against me and stared at my arm in shock. She rolled up my sleeve only to reveal red skin, not the pale skin that I usually have. "I-" I didn't know how to explain it. I know that she had done the same thing before. Arianna smiled sadly, "Don't even say you're sorry because I know you will. There's no reason to be sorry. You've just hit your breaking point."

Dan's POV

Megan lent against a tree, breathing heavily. "I hope we got far enough," I muttered through deep breaths. Megan kept her eyes closed and stayed silent as her breathing slowly returned back to normal. Her eyes were still closed when I reached out my hand and placed it on her waist. She winced, pulling away sharply before opening her eyes. "Sorry, I just-" She started, but I quickly cut her off. "I know. I had to watch everything..." Silence filled the air between us. "By the way, it's not your-" I was cut off by a girly scream of our names. My eyes widen and I brought myself close to Megan, hugging us tightly against the tree and hoping that we wouldn't be seen. Megan whimpered in fear. 

"It's okay. We'll be okay," I whispered, my mouth close to her ear as I didn't want us to be heard. Megan nodded and grabbed my hand, gripping it tightly. I peeked my head around the tree slightly, only to see Jenna and two guys in the distance, looking around aimlessly. I moved my head back, just to look down a few inches at Megan who was now shaking out of fear. "Okay, I'll distract them. You just run. I'll meet up with you," I planned out. Megan shook her head rapidly. "No, you're not leaving me. You promised," She replied, voice cracking slightly near the middle of the sentence. 

"They're going to find us if we don't get out of here..." I tried to reasoning with her, but she still shook her head in protest. "Well, we are going to have to make a run for it," Megan sighed quietly and nodded. I pulled away just a few inches before I turned. "There they are!" As soon as I heard the words, I started sprinting despite the burning feeling returning to my lungs. Megan was close behind. She had it worse. She had been beaten to a pulp and now she is running full speed to escape from Jenna and her gang. Not to mention, she had to hope that she was lucky enough not to trip over air as she is extremely clumsy. Our odds didn't seem very good in this situation. I suddenly heard police sirens and my eyes widened. 

"This way!" I yelled to Megan as I took a sharp turn toward the sound. I heard Megan's footsteps behind me and I was glad that she hadn't been left behind. The trees began to thin out until we ran into a road. I saw a police vehicle heading in our direction. I stopped Megan at the edge of the road as the vehicle came closer. I let out a sigh of relief as it stopped and I saw that there were more than one approaching us.

**This chapter was trash. Idek. I've had a bad day, I'm sorry.

Fanart by @AbionaHowell! I love this drawing! It's so adorable! Thanks for the fanart!

Okay, next chapter will be posted soon (hopefully). Love you all! Thanks for reading!**