Chapter 8

Xander's POV
As I walked away, I looked back at the poor confused kid, no Ash. I looked back at Ash, feeling a tiny bit of guilt for pushing him away like that.

Although that guilt didn't last too long, I let out a sigh and pushed the thought away, confused as to why I had been acting the way I was.

I had 2 more classes left, but I wasn't in the mood to attend those classes. Besides, I got by fine even without attending classes and I wanted to leave it that way. Classes were such a pain anyway.

I just roamed around for a little bit, listening to music and keeping to myself. I figured it'd only be a matter of time before I was called to the principle's office for breaking that twerp's hand. I sighed at the thought.

Coincidentally, Just then, I heard the principle's voice booming

"Xander. Meet me in the office right now"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Whatever. It's not like I did anything wrong. I was just trying to help Ash. He would've been dead if I hadn't stepped in any way.

Despite everything, I trudged to the office groaning to myself in hopes my parents wouldn't be notified of it. They would just worry about me. I was fine. I didn't want to worry them.

I stepped in and took a seat in front of the principal who was glaring at me. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"Xander! This is unacceptable! First, you bunk all your classes, talk back to your teachers and now get into a severe fight with another classmate and going as far as breaking his arm ?! What do you have to say for yourself ?!" He yelled.

I could see him fuming. I sighed and opened my mouth to talk but he interrupted me once again.

"What happened to you ?! You were a model student with many friends... Now all you do is get into fights and bunk classes! You need to sort it out, Xander. We will not be tolerating this any longer."

That was the last straw. I stood up and slammed my hands on the desk pissed off.

"I DON'T FUCKING KNOW. I'M NOT THE SAME ANYMORE OKAY?! I'M SORRY IT FUCKING BOTHERS YOU SO MUCH! BUT I WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP THAT KID ASH- THOSE FUCKERS WERE PICKING ON HIM AND HE WOULD BE DEAD IF I HADN'T STEPPED IN! IF YOU HAD JUST LET ME TALK WE COULD HAVE AVOIDED THIS. FUCK THIS !"

"XANDER !" He yelled, bringing me back to my senses. I sighed and sat back down scoffing and rolling my eyes.

He sighed rubbing his temples. "Look... I don't know what you're going through... But please sort yourself out. Since you helped the kid.. I'll let you off the hook with suspension for a week. Figure yourself out in the meanwhile. I don't want to see you here in my office any more." He said sternly.

I sighed and nodded. I needed a break from this hell anyway. I stood up and walked out feeling even worse. Just then I saw Ivy, I remembered yelling at her in lunch.

Fuck.. Today's a mess...

She didn't deserve to be yelled at and I realised the least I could do was apologize to her for lashing out at her.

She was walking beside her friend. I gently held her arm and pulled her aside, she looked at me confused.

"Walk with me to my car kay ?" I asked her since she was done with her classes for the day. She nodded without much protest.

"What's this about..?" She asked perplexed as we started walking to my car. I let out an awkward chuckle rubbing the back of my neck not knowing how to approach the matter.