Prologue

Xander's Pov

I froze.

I felt tears well up in my eyes as I looked at him walking away from me without even giving me an apologetic glance.

His hurtful words stung, my hopes now shattered. I tried to reach out to him and call out to him but no words came out.

Tears started flowing down my face, I started sobbing uncontrollably hoping he'd turn around and come back to me... Maybe even hug me.

But all I could see was his figure slowly getting farther and farther away from me fading from my vision.

He got into his car and slammed the door shut and drove past me without even sparing me a glance.

His painful words echoed through my thoughts.

"Stay the fuck away from me faggot. Come near me ever again and you're as good as dead."

Everything I ever wanted was so close... But yet so far... Just out of my grasp.

My chest hurt and I fell onto my knees sobbing my eyes out. I didn't care if anyone heard me or gave me weird glances. All that mattered to me at the moment were his utterances.

I couldn't take it anymore, I had been so anxious and nervous but excited too... All that gone in less than a second. My best friend and first love gone just like that...

My thoughts were a mess, mixed feelings of resentment and anguish both for myself and him.

He had just thrown me away as if I meant nothing to him. No more than trash on the street.

I lost a part of me that day.. Something in me snapped and my blood boiled. Remembering all the time we spent together...

Did our time together mean nothing to him... Was I the only one who cared for and loved him... Was I the only one who enjoyed my time with him...

Those depressing thoughts lingered in my mind, but my anger soon overcame them.

That motherfucker really thinks he can mess with my feelings like that. And throw me away the moment he got tired of me.

Tsk. It's my  fault for trusting him. People told me he was trouble... Why didn't I just listen to them... Why did I even become his friend?

I managed to pick myself up and wiped away my tears sniffling a little, biting my lip to prevent from crying again, a lump forming in my throat once again.

To think I actually trusted him with my life this whole time... I'm pathetic. I should have never trusted someone like him... Someone who messed around all the time. I should have known better. If he tells anyone... I'm done for... Tsk.

"AHHH FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU!"

I yelled out loud in frustration as tears started flowing down my face again. I tried to stay strong but it hurt so much. My chest hurt too and I clutched on to my shirt sobbing loudly for God knows how long.

A guard came into the field and glared at me.

Great.. Just what I needed right now..

I thought to myself as I ran past him ignoring the weird looks he gave me and vowed to myself never to trust anyone again.

I'll never make the mistake of trusting someone ever again...