[ intimacy ] - izuku midoriya fluff

*~{ Intimacy }~*

525 Words.

Prompt: Deku sees something in (Y/N)'s hair and offers to get it out.

*  *  *

I tap my pencil against my chin and swirl my finger round the rim of the mug that reads "Rolls" on it.

"So this is what you wrote about my quirk in your journal, huh Deku?" I grin brightly at the boy.

"Yeah! Your quirk has a lot of possibilities, so I decided to write it all down." Deku points to a certain area of the page as he goes on. "I included some super move ideas and techniques too! This one would be able to make your quirk more effective in close-quarters combat and.."

While he explains on, I listen to every word.

Yesterday, I asked Deku to help me with my super moves since I can't come up with anything, and here we are.

Though, that isn't the only reason that I asked him to help me.

His passion for heroes and how he geeks out on stuff like this...

I can't help but think he's the most adorable person I've ever met, and I want to spend more time with him.

"—Y/N?"

I jump. Even though I've been listening, he must have noticed that I've been staring.

"Yeah?" I manage to shake out.

"You have something in your hair...."

My eyes widen, the cold air forcing me to blink. I move my hand from the rim of my mug to the top of my head.

"Where?"

"To the right and a little down..." He instructs, but it seems that I'm not being successful.

"Um, do you want me to get it out?" He shifts his hand off of the surface of the notebook, reaching for my hair.

"Please." I barely stop my lips from wobbling by pursing them.

Deku gently wraps his scarred hand around a section of my hair, separating it from the rest and twisting his hand so that the hair rests across his palm.

I feel my face grow hot at the soft tug of the hair. Why was my stomach doing backflips? Why did my ears feel like they were on fire?

Oh yeah, he's touching my hair. I get really, really flustered when someone touches my hair.

He purses his lips and furrows his brows in concentration. He grabs the small wad of cotton, presumably from someone's clothing that had blown off, and sets it in a nearby trashcan.

"There!" He smiles cheerfully. Deku looks so satisfied that he could perform the task for me.

"Thank you." A smile tugs on my lips.

Then I notice that Deku was still holding my hair. My eyes fell upon his hand and he seems to notice too, jumping a little. Before he can move his hand or apologize, I brush my hair off of his hand and set my own palm on top of his.

I rub my thumb gently across his scars on his hand, grabbing my mug.

"U-Um, Y/N?"

"Yeah?" I swivel my head to meet his gaze. He parts his lips to speak, but it seems he has a change of heart.

"—Um, nothing."

He picks up his own mug with his free hand, lightly brushing his own thumb against my hand.