Should I be worried? "Depends?"

"Well, I'm trying to find a way to get Vanessa to come back in town, for just a couple of days, and I don't know, like some school activity could be a good enough reason for her to not go to her school, you know something to do with singing, and since you always seem to be so resourceful, I thought maybe—" Lexi was rambling, but I stopped her, smiling despite myself.

It wasn't fair to my poor heart, that she was this cute, that even in the middle of feeling like shit she was thinking of ways to make sure her brother was okay. Because bringing Vanessa back in town was clearly for Tyler's sake.

Lexi usually did grand thing for her friends and her family, not for her.

"No worries, I'll see what I can do," I told her before she started to freak out more about finding ways to ask for my help.

"Really?" she asked, looking at me so hopefully that I almost hugged her right then and there.

I smiled softly at her. And anyway, I owed a lot to her brother, it was the least I could do for him too. "Yeah, of course," I assured her.

Her whole face beamed. "Thanks!"

"No problem," I replied, smiling while we walked into our first class together.

Together. I'd never take little things like this for granted.

After sitting down, I checked my phone and saw that Tyler had finally answered me. Thanks. I'd appreciate it if you could leave clandestinely during one of your classes today to sneak in the bathroom and just hold me for half an hour. And then someone would catch us together and there would be mad rumors going on about us.

I snorted. Lexi frowned at me. "Why are you laughing?"

"One of my whore is just being funny this morning," I told her grinning.

My Pumpkin just rolled her eyes, unaffected.

It's past the allocated time for naked hugs. But I'll see what I can do. I texted Tyler back.

Tyler replied almost instantly. JUST HOLD ME FOR FUCKS SAKES

I pressed my hand to my mouth to stop from laughing out loud hysterically.

That man over there, it's that man over there, Mister Officer. I texted him back. Lexi was still frowning at me.

I blew her a kiss, "Don't be jealous Pumpkin, you're my only girl."

"Oh yeah, tell that to your whores."

I grinned. "My whores know." And also, none of them were girls.

My only girl was and had only ever been her.

I spent the whole day with Lexi really. We had all of our classes together. During lunch we sat together.

In English I didn't even let her time to think about teaming up with anyone else for our presentation.

During Chemistry, I had one brain cell left, and Lexi seemed to be a little bit in her head, so I kept being a dumbass to amuse her. I made her laugh, so it was definitely worth it.

Lexi wanted to work on school stuff tonight, but I was already busy. I gave her the practice excuse, but it was really a therapy excuse today. Practice ended after half an hour today.

After a whole day of being happy and spending time with Lexi, it was weird to think about going to see a therapist.

My mother drove with me to the clinic, after we ate dinner early.