Hurting

Gaege Pov

"Eddie ... I ... I can't do this. Not now," I say.

"W-what?" Eddie looks stunned. And hurt, very hurt.

"Sorry," I say.

"Please Gaege, can we talk about this?" Eddie asks. He used my real name, and as I'm walking away I stop.

"Eddie, we can't do this," I say again.

"But I love you, and you like me to ... right?" Eddie asks. I can't turn around, I know the pain in his eyes is too strong.

"Yes, I do Eddie but-" I start.

"Then tell me why. Give me one god damn good reason why not," Eddie says. I try to ignore him, but I feel the sharp pain of his hand on my wrist, a pain I've felt too many times.

"E-eddie, you're hurting me," I whimper and try to pull away. Eddie loosens his grip but doesn't let me go. 

"Give me a good fucking reason," Eddie growls. I don't like him this. It scares me.

"Eddie, you're scaring me," I finally looks back at him, fear gleaming in my eyes. Eddie's eyes flash and he steps far back.

"Gaege ... please," Eddie says, the pain is back in his eyes. I can't bear to look at him so I turn once more.

"I'm sorry Eddie. But as much as we both want this, it isn't going to work out. Things are going to get in the way. And it's going to end awfully. Then we can't be friends anymore. And I don't want that," I say.

"If you leave now, you're ending it awfully. We're not going to be able to be friends anymore if you leave right now," Eddie says.

"Don't you see Eddie? I've been hurt too many times. I can't be hurt again. I can't have one more person walk out of my life," I say.

"I'm not going to do that," Eddie says.

"You don't know that," I say.

"Quit telling me what I do and do not know. I'm getting real sick of that shit Gaege," Eddie says. He's still using my real name.

"I can't have another person hurt me Eddie. You don't even know how many failed relationships I've been in. Every single one of them has ended in them walking out the door. Away from me because they can't love me. I am f*cking cursed. I'm never going to find "the one" for me, because there isn't one. I gave a trying a long time ago. Have you seen how long it's been since I've been in a relationship? It's not going to work out. It's not you, it's me. If I can't even love myself there is no way in hell that you can," I say.

"You don't know that I'm not like all the rest of them. Because were the rest of them your best friend? None of them knew you how I do. They always say to marry your best friend. But I'm not asking for marriage. I'm asking for a date. Please stop playing games with me. Knock it off Juicy, I don't want to deal with that anymore," Eddie says. He's right. He is my best friend. He is different. Different in a good way. And I don't know if he's like the rest. We've been friends forever. He knows all my secrets now. Except one. The one that will make him run away. But I'll tell him that later. I look at Eddie. His eyes are glossy.

"I'm sorry," I say. Eddie looks away and swipes an arm across his face.

"Whatever, it's fine. See you later Juicy. I'm going to back to my house and eat a ton of junk food if you need me," Eddie turns and looks at all the stuff he laid out. He walks over to it, acts like he's about to pick it up, but instead kicks it, and walks away.

"Wait, Eddie," I say.

"What?" Eddie says. He turns to me, I can tell he's trying to hold in tears.

"You're right. You are my best friend. We've been friends forever. None of them have known me like you do. I'll go on one date with you. Thanks Eddie," I say. His eyes brighten, and he quickly runs over to me, pulling me into a hug. He places his lips on mine and it feels amazing even though it wasn't that long ago from the last time we did this. "No more." Eddie pouts, but I make him leave. I'm scared what will come later, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Hey guys! Wow! So I randomly started crying for no reason today. And I just really felt like I didn't know if this was worth working on anymore because I feel like this is never going to get any recognition from them. And sure that's not why I started, but it would still be nice but I know it's not going to happen. But I will be continuing this and I'll ask some of my closer readers about something to come. So look out for that.