Being Proud

Gaege Pov

I wake up the next morning, my head is now pounding. Argh, why did I do this to myself? I look around the room, and remember what happened last night.

"Oh shit," I groan. Eddie and I had a one night stand together. And he left before the morning. Damn my ass hurts. I slowly get up so that I don't anger my ass or head. I root around in my dresser to find something to wear. Now Eddie knows that 1 I like him and 2 I'm gay. He's going to tell all of them both of those things. I dig past one of my few pride shirts, as I do not like to express it. I hold it up. Maybe I should let them hear it from me. I have to go over to Eddie's house today anyway because everyone is meeting up there. I slip the shirt on and look in the mirror. I sigh. Maybe it'll be better this way. I'm sure they already suspect something as I'm not that careful to hide it. I grab some black pants and put them on. I take an Aspirin or 2. Then I check the time. 10:30, well I'm not needed yet so I'll go get something to eat, I think. I drive to the nearest Denny's and eat as much as I can. I'm so hungry from last night, alcohol doesn't really fill you up food wise. As much as I just want to sleep now, I pay for the food, thank the waiter, give him a large tip because damn he's hot, and then I drive to Eddie's house. It's time to face the music. I walk up to the door and knock on it. Please don't be Eddie, please don't be Eddie, please don't be Eddie. As the door opens, it's Grant who's standing there. Oh thank God.

"Hey Gaege," Grant waves. His eyes scan up and down my body, landing on my pride shirt. He opens his mouth to say something, but closes it.

"Hey Grant. Nice to see you again," I smile.

"Want to come in?" Grant asks.

"What kind of dumb ass question is that? Yes, I want to come in," I laugh and roll my eyes. He's always been the nicest one in our group, though none of us really treat him with the respect he deserves. He knows we all love him though. 

"Hey Gaege," Josh greets me. He's sitting on the floor, Mully sitting next to him. They're playing cards and I think Josh is winning because Mully doesn't look too happy. If any of them have noticed my shirt by now, they haven't really made any notice of it.

"Hey Josh. What're you playing?" I ask. 

"Go Fish and Mully is loosing big time," Josh replies. I burst out laughing.

"Mully! You're always saying how you're such a boss at this game!" Everyone except Mully laughs.

"Yeah you do always say that you're so good at this game, what's up with that?" Josh asks.

"I'm off my game today ok?" Mully says.

"Or you were lying," Josh says.

"S-shut up," Mully stutters. Then Eddie appears, and I take a step back.

"Good morning Gaege," Eddie says.

"G-good morning," I stutter out. He seems to just ignore me after that. He starts talking to Grant, and then I have no one to talk to. Josh and Mully are in the middle of a round and they said I could join when they're done. So I just end up on the couch, watching everyone with their normal friends. This is what sucks about being in a group of 5 for a friend group, there's always one person that's by themselves, and it's usually me. I excuse myself to go to the bathroom, and then give myself a pep talk.

"You need to tell them, they're not going to judge you, they've already seen your shirt, you just need to clarify," I tell myself. I keep looking in the mirror. "What's the point? It's no use." I bring my head down onto the counter. Then I hear a knock. "Who is it?" I ask.

"It's Narrator," Grant says. "Are you ok honey bunches?" I start saying yes but then,

"No," I reply. Why did I say that?

"Can I come in?" Grant asks.

"Yes," I reply. Why am I saying these things?! Grant comes in and closes the door. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Grant asks.

"Not really," I say. At least that part is true. 

"What's up with the pride shirt?" Grant asks. I'm silent. "I'm sorry that I asked. It's just-"

"I'm gay, that parts true," I cut him off.

"And you decided today to tell us?" Grant asks.

"I guess," I shrug.

"Is there any particular reason why?" Grant asks.

"No..." I say.

"Even though I can tell you're lying I'm going to let that go," Grant says.

"Ok fine! Last night Eddie and I..." I trail off.

"You what?" Grant asks.

"Had a one night stand," I whisper. It's hard to believe that's actually what happened.

"I'm pretty sure a one night stand is when you guys don't see each other again. And you have sex. First thing is, he's out in the living room, and he's straight for all I know," Grant says.

"I know! That's what's wrong!" I say.

"Well, if this makes you feel any better, I'm gay too. I think you should like officially announce it to the rest of them because, I don't know, maybe you'll feel better and you'll learn something about them too," then Grant gets up and leaves me in the bathroom alone. I sigh. I should publicly say it, to my fans and to The Boys. I leave the bathroom and all of The Boys are sitting on the floor in the living room. 

"Eh hem," I clear my throat. Everyone looks up at me and Grant gives me a small thumbs up. "I, uh, just needed to tell you something." I take a deep breath in and close my eyes. "As you guys can probably tell from my shirt, I'm gay and I've hid it for a long time, but I really needed to tell you guys." It's quiet for a minute until Josh speaks up.

"I'm bi," he says.

"Me too," Mully says.

"I'm gay," Grant says. Everyone turns to look at Eddie who has his arms crossed and doesn't look the least bit happy.

"What're you looking at cabróns?! I'm f*cking straight," Eddie turns briskly and leaves the living room. I hear the door slam behind him.

"What's his problem?" Josh asks.

"I have no idea," I lie. 

"What should we do?" Mully asks. "It kind of seems like we're here without permission."

"I'll go talk to him," I say. I leave the living room and walk out through the door. Eddie's sitting in there car with the door open and his head resting on the steering wheel. "Are you ok?" My voice startles him which is surprising granted how quiet it is. 

"What do you want?" Eddie growls. I shrink back a bit. I don't like this kind of Eddie.

"I just wanted to check on you," I say quieter than before. 

"I don't need to be checked on," Eddie turns so he's not looking at me anymore.

"I know you know what happened last night. I'm not saying that you need to face it just yet, but I'm sorry. We shouldn't have done that. Even though I'm gay and like you, doesn't mean I should force myself on you. We'll leave if you want us to, since you're probably going to leave," I say. My voice shakes as I say it, my I keep talking.

"You guys can stay. Mainly because Mully and Josh are staying at my house. See you later Gaege," Eddie says and then closes the door to his car. Now if anyone else would have heard that sentence, they would think that Eddie was being nice and had forgiven me. But no, he always calls me Juicy, my YouTuber name, I don't know why, but I love it when he would say it. So it really hurts to hear him call me that. Once he's out of sight, my throat starts to burn and my vision blurs. I drop down onto the ground, the grass blades pressing against my feet since I didn't have time to put my shoes on. Tears stream down my face. This was all my f*cking fault. I'm such a f*ck up. I wipe my eyes and head inside.

Omg 1396 words! Hope you liked it! Luv you guys!