Part 27

"Sunbae" you heave a long breath as you rush toward the hall where new students or freshers were about to make their entry. You were late by 20 minutes.

"I'm so sorry. We had technical error during our presentation and it took too long” you say between your heavy breaths. “Hey calm down” the senior chuckles and hands you a water bottle. “Thank you" “The students are already inside” he nods and gets inside the hall and you take a deep breath to calm yourself down as you had to face a mass.

You open the door silently, you hear loud cheers along with music. Then a jacket flies in the air and drops on top of you, covering your face. And the loud cheers slowly fades away, everyone's head turning to you whose face was still covered with the jacket.

"Omg Y/N" your seniors rushes to your side and you take off the jacket in annoyance. “Are you fine?” they ask you and you fake a smile even though you were a bit pissed.

"Nuna?”

The same voice from long time ago. Park Seongjun.

"Do you guys know each other?” your seniors looks between you and Seongjun. “Long time no see" Seongjun grins at you.

_._

"Hey Nuna" Seongjun stops you while you were arranging your bag, ready to head home after the small event for freshers. “Oh hey" you weakly smile, guilt spreading inside your chest when you remembered how badly you treated him during your school days.

"You don't need to be awkward” he smiles and you nervously glance at him. “If you don't mind then can we go out for a walk? Or maybe I can drop you home as it is already late" he asks and you shyly rub your neck, not being able to say no to his proposal. “Umm okay" you nod.

"I'll be back" he then rushes to grab his backpack and comes back to you. “Shall we go now?” you look at him and he vigorously nods.

"You've become even prettier now" Seongjun breaks the silence that was between both of you while heading to your apartment building. “Ahh well thanks" you awkwardly chuckle and instantly your cheeks start to heat up.

“Y/N what's wrong? Why are you flattered? It was just a compliment”

“What's wrong with you Nuna? Why are your cheeks getting red?” Seongjun teasingly smiles at you while you hide your face. “It's nothing. My cheeks heat up-" “Calm down, calm down. I was just teasing you" he laughs and embarrassment flows inside your veins.

"Oh" you could only mutter to yourself. “And you've become all shy. Back in school days you were bold and fearless” he says between his pouted lips. “Really? Haha" you fake a laugh, both of you almost reaching to your apartment building.

"Umm and I thought you left the country. I didn't know you were in Busan" Seongjun exclaims. “Was my departure from school that popular?” you look at him. “Yeah you became quiet popular in your class" he nods.

“Did Taehyung think about me?”

You mentally slap yourself for thinking about the person whom you wanted to forget. “What about you? How did you end up in Busan?” you ask. “My father got transferred here that's why" he shrugs. “I guess we reached to your address” he now turns at you and you avert his gaze.

"You're right. I'll be leaving bye" you wave your hand and hurriedly get inside the building.

Your steps halts when your phone makes a ping sound, indicating you got a notification. You fish out your phone and keep walking to your apartment floor. It was a message from the group chat where your whole class members were in, along with teachers.

"Top students from Seoul University will be in our university tomorrow for a debate competition. I will be picking top students from our class and the list goes, Ahn Y/N" you gape your mouth in disbelief at your name.

"I don't want to hear any nags. I hope you guys make our university proud. I will personally email the topic you guys are going to debate on” you read another text from your teacher and you whine in frustration, the security guard giving you weird looks.

Tomorrow morning

"Omg Y/N what's wrong with your eyes?” your classmate exclaims when you enter the classroom. “Huh? I know I look like a panda. Can you cover these dark circles with your makeup skills?” you walk toward her with no energy.

"You're really stressed, aren't you?” she looks at you with a sad expression while you plop beside her on the desk.

"I only got one hour of sleep" you sigh, your eyes barely opening up. “Drink this. You might feel refreshed” she gives you a can of energy drink and you accept it with a weak smile.

The debate competition between your university and Seoul University was just few minutes to go. You inhale a deep breath with eyes closed and so does your teammates, then slowly open your eyes to watch the other side.

The 5 seats were still empty as the students still hadn't arrived in the hall yet and the door clicks open, all of you instantly stand up to greet them but your heart goes numb when the first student makes its entry.

Kim Taehyung, the person whom you wished to vanish from your mind stands on the other side along with his teammates.