Part 14

"Pass the papers to your friends" the teacher says while passing the empty sheet of paper and math question.

"My box" you look around, chills spreading down your spin as you assumed you forgot it at home. All the essential stuffs that were required for geometry questions. “I am doomed” you tuck your hand over your head in frustration and Taehyung turns around to pass you the paper sheet.

"No sharing of calculator and stationery. If I find you doing so then I'll seize your paper" the teacher strictly announces and looks at everyone. Taehyung notices the trouble on your face and swiftly slides an extra pen and extra pencil. Then he breaks his eraser into half and gives it to you.

"Do your best" he tries to cheer you up and you look at him with a glare.

_

_._

"How was your exam?” Minsuh walks toward you as you pack your stuffs, ready to head home after the school hour. “Went good" you flatly reply, not bothering to glance at her also not a bit of guilt inside you for using harsh words on her yesterday. “Excuse me" you nod at her while wearing your bag and then walk outside.

It's what jealousy did to you. Jealous about everyone giving more attention to her and jealous as your favourites were getting distanced. You always tried to make things go in your way but sadly it never happened.

A fear keeps tucking inside your chest as you had badly messed your exam. All you could see was your father's violent image inside your head. The scene keeps repeating and you tightly clench your fist. You just want to disappear from this world at this point, or want to runaway to a far place.

A week goes by and also your exam. Now you're waiting for your mark sheet while biting the inner cheeks and playing with your nails in fear. The teacher is calling out names in order and as usual Taehyung topped the class, also your spot has been taken by another student so you're now even more anxious about what position you got.

"Y/N” the teacher calls your name but you're too busy inside your head. “Ahn Y/N” the teacher slightly raises his voice and your daze breaks.

"Y-Yes?” you abruptly look up, the root of your hair drenching with sweat slightly. Then the teacher waves your mark sheet in the air and you nervously stand up from your desk, almost loosing your balance. Jungkook while frowns, him too anxious and a bit worried about how your father was going to react as you didn't even get in second position.

“13th" the teacher announces while staring at your face which was now slowly turning blue. “13th?” everyone gasps and look at each other, slowly gossips filling the classroom. “I know you'll do better in next exam" the teacher gently pats your shoulder while you stare at your mark sheet with trembling hand, specially at the number 13. Your breath is getting uneven, it felt like you would faint anytime soon.

"He will kill me" “What? Did you say something?” the teacher bends down to your height as he couldn't hear your whisper. “Nothing” you muster all of your energy together and look at the teacher and weakly smile.

“Hey" Jungkook holds the sleeve of your blazer as you were returning to your desk. “Don’t pity on me" you wipe off his grip and keep walking while Mina looks at Minsuh who was currently looking at you, then at Jungkook and then to Taehyung. Should I take a step? Mina whispers to herself.

The day goes by and right now you're at your home, you get relief as your father informed that he won't be home for a week. You could sleep in peace but every time you closed your eyes, Taehyung came in your head. His cold voice and cold gaze has been living inside your head. No matter how much he acts cold, you always had this little hope that he would start to open up with you.

But now, you thought it was enough. So you prepare yourself mentally to move on but can you?

“Love can not be forced right? So I should let him go"

Right then your phone makes a ping sound and you get your phone from the night stand. It's a message from the group chat which had the whole students of your class.

You scoff, a pang on your heart was heavy

You scoff, a pang on your heart was heavy. It was like you were hit by a truck but you were not surprised too as you had got hint when you saw Taehyung's lock screen wallpaper. You soon realized that it was Minsuh's and Taehyung's hand.

“Does Taehyung know about her real face?”

You roll your eyes and put your phone on the charger, then go to sleep.