Part 23

Later that day

"Yahh are you still not going to search her?” Jungkook briskly walks to Taehyung's room, his body heating up in anger. “Jungkook-ah what's wrong?” his mom follows him upstairs as Jungkook's furious voice echoes the house, Taehyung's father as well walking out from his room.

Meanwhile Taehyung stares blankly at the photo frame of yours and his in his room. “You” Jungkook swings him around and lands a fist over his cheek, slowly getting red. But the fist did nothing to Taehyung's scar, the scar of guilt. He just stared blankly on the floor while Jungkook's mom gasps and Taehyung's dad widens his eyes.

“Will you answer me? Or are you still going to be ignorant” Jungkook angrily screams at Taehyung before landing another punch, now his lips getting a small cut at the corner.

"Jungkook-ah what's wrong with you" his mom quickly rushes to separate the rising tension between Jungkook and Taehyung. “Taehyung-ah, you fine?” then his mom turns to check on Taehyung who now lifts his gaze at Jungkook's mom.

"Ommo you're bleeding” his mom quickly walks to Taehyung. “Yahh Jungkook-ah, say sorry" his mom glares at Jungkook. “Sorry my foot" Jungkook pumps his fist in anger and leaves the room.

"Can you leave me alone?” Taehyung finally speaks up. “But-" “Honey, he will be fine" Taehyung's dad calmly nods at Jungkook's mom, but her gaze doesn't leave Taehyung's bleeding lips.

"Honey" now Taehyung's dad walks up to her and gently holds her shoulder, pushing her out from the room as well as closing the door to let Taehyung have some time for himself.

And when the door closes Taehyung’s chin starts to quiver and his eyes instantly fills with tears. The slow and quiet whimper now steadily turns into a loud cry. A cry which sounded like a scream, the scream of his heartbreak.

Jungkook's steps halts on the downstairs, his eyes were too watering. He had lost a really good friend. The flashback of you and Jungkook spending time together slides in front of his eyes. The first time he came to school and asked you to share the book, rooftop moments, him trying to protect you, you applying the lip tint on his lips when principal arrived and many more bitter and sweet moments.

All he could do for now was sniff and shrug, then move along with the time. He did everything to find you but all he got was loss. Never in his life he thought that he will have to go through something like this.

After crying and screaming for hours, Taehyung now gets up and wipes his tears then walks to his drawer which was close to his study table. As he opens the drawer he finds the snacks that you always bought for him. All of them were the snacks which Taehyung preferred.

This cause him to tear up again as he realizes how much he had been ignorant to you.

“Love people before you lose them. You have just one life, love it while you live it.”

1:45 am, midnight

Taehyung walks downstairs to grab something from kitchen as he had skipped the dinner but before his steps goes further more toward kitchen, he finds his father drinking alone in the living room.

"Appa?” Taehyung frowns when he sees his father as his father rarely drinks. “Ahh Taehyung-ah" his father grins, trying to stand up but he stumbles on his own and lands back to the sofa. Taehyung while sighs at his father's drunk state and walks to clean up the table.

"Hahaha I know you love and care for me deep down” his father chuckles and pats Taehyung's head while Taehyung aggressively wipes the spilled alcohol on the table. “I don't” he coldly spats but his father's smile never leaves his face.

As his father was busy staring and admiring Taehyung's face, Taehyung now looks at his father. “What are you smiling at?” Taehyung scoffs while arranging the empty bottles of soju on a tray. “Did I ever tell you about my love story with your mom?” he asks. “I am not interested” Taehyung gets up but his father quickly pulls him down on the carpet.

"I know you want to” his father says and it was true, Taehyung always wanted to hear their love story as well as wanted to ask why did his father leave his mom in the last condition.

"Let's make it short and sweet cause you have school tomorrow” his father pats his shoulder and takes a sip from his glass. “Your mom was the prettiest girl in our college while I was just an average looking guy. Every guy in our college wanted to be with her as well as me. She dated a lot of handsome boys and I thought she will never lay an eye on me but slowly time proved me wrong" he pauses and takes another sip from the glass while Taehyung carefully listens to him.

"We became friends on college's festive week. I was really nervous when she came to my stall and asked ‘How much are these cookies?’” his father mimics the good old days and Taehyung chuckles as for him, his father looked funny.

"'1000 won for each pack’ I stuttered and I was about to pee on my pants. Later on I don't know why she asked me for my number. I gave her my number and then our conversation started. After being friends for almost a year, I decided to approach your mom and she said she also feels for me then we started to date. We were happy couples, I had thought a future with her and so did your mom” his father smiles at the memories he had with his beloved wife.

"And you know what? I still miss her a lot. Wish she was with us” he bitterly smiles. “Then why did you not show up on her last stage when you loved her so much” Taehyung asks and his father turns at him, gazing deep into his eyes.