Waking up the next morning Cal hides his face into his pillow as the curtains are opened "Wake up, we need to leave for school in the next hour." Louise tells him. Cal groans "Where's Eth and Jacks?" he asks quietly feeling the bed empty either side of him. "They're next door talking to Stiles, said they'll be back in the next 15 minutes or so." Louise responds. Nodding Cal sits up and groans as he moves into the sunbeam coming through the window. "Let me get dressed and I'll meet you downstairs." Cal says just as quietly as before. Louise nods and walks out the room, going downstairs.

Walking downstairs Cal finds Ethan, Jackson and Stiles whispering in the kitchen "Morning baby

Walking downstairs Cal finds Ethan, Jackson and Stiles whispering in the kitchen "Morning baby." Jackson says spotting him. Cal gives a weak smile and sits of the island where he grabs an apple. Ethan walks over and wraps his arms round him from behind "You want me to make you pancakes?" he asks his youngest mate. Cal shakes his head and takes a bite of his apple making Jackson, Ethan and Stiles look at each other, just then Cal jumps up and runs to the bathroom. The three boys run after him to find him being sick in the toilet, Stiles kneels next to his brother and brushes his fringe back from his eyes. "Cal look at me." he tells his brother. Cal looks at him "You don't have to go to school today if you don't want." Stiles tells him. "No, the others will get suspicious if I don't." he says quietly. Stiles sighs "I'll tell them that something came up and you couldn't come in." he responds. Cal shakes his head "I'm fine." he says standing up and walking out the room, stopping to listen to what his mates and brother are saying. "What are you going to do?" Jackson asks. "I don't know, I've never seen him like this." Ethan admits. "I think we should just keep an eye on him, I don't like the way he's acting and I don't like what it's doing to him." Stiles says. Cal sighs and walks downstairs and grabs his bag before walking out and standing by the car to wait.

Once at school Cal walks over and sits next to Theo as they wait for the bell "Hey Cal." Theo greets. "Hey." Cal responds with a weak smile. "You alright?" Theo asks with a worried frown. "Yeah, just tired." Cal lies. "I know you're lying, but I'm not going to push you. If you want to talk you know where I am." Theo tells the young teen. "Thanks Theo." Cal responds as they stand and start walking into the school. "Any leads on what's happening?" Theo asks as they walk. "There's a book, Scott is photocopying it so we all have a copy. I'm pretty sure he's going to give you a copy aswell." Cal explains making Theo nod in response. "What's the book about?" Theo asks. "No idea, I zoned out when we were being told." Cal says, shrugging sheepishly. Theo chuckles as they get to class "At least you admit it." he tells him.

Later Cal stands with Ethan, Jackson, Theo and Scott talking about the book "Sorry, but I'd never even heard of the Kanima until a few days ago. You want me to read this?" Theo asks holding the photocopy. "Well, not yet. I'm still only on chapter one." Scott explains. "You guys do this a lot, huh?" Theo asks. "Do what?" Cal asks. "Get involved." Theo responds. "Yeah, I guess." Scott responds. "What about the author? If he knew all about these guys, shouldn't we be talking to him?" Theo asks. "We thought about that, but it's pretty much a dead end." Scott explains. "What about this guy?" Theo asks showing the acknowledgments page. Scott runs off to find the others leaving the three mates with Theo "You know this Valek?" Theo asks. "Yeah and we know where to find him." Jackson nods.