Chapter 70 || Swallow

make sure you vote!! ♥️

————

I don't think I've ever seen Adrian... so... I don't know what the word is. I also don't think I've ever made just an irrational decision before.

"I thought you wanted to eliminate the chances of getting pregnant... I don't understand?" I don't understand either. I don't even know why I said that. Why would I say that?

What part of me decided to blurt it out? "I don't know either. Can we go home... and talk about this?" He shakes his head slightly as if he's still trying to process my words.

"What's there to talk about? You don't want to get pregnant, and I don't want kids... it's as simple as that-"

"I don't know! I don't fucking know! That's what I want to talk through this Adrian! Did you hear what the woman said? Her husband died and she couldn't have another child with him! You run a goddamn mafia, you could get shot the next second and there's nothing either of us can do about it!"

"Let's go home," He says softly. "Let's talk about this like you want to," His thumb slides over my face, right under my eye. He can be so gentle when he wants to...

When we went home, Adrian gave me a look that said 'talk, I'm here.'

"Now you want kids?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

"No... I'm confused too, Adrian. I don't know. What you do... it's so damn dangerous. I mean, look at Blake. He's second in command and he had gotten shot! He was lucky he came out with a messed up knee. But you... you're the head. People are dying to kill you and get their hands on your fortune. Look at Luna and Dylan! They're not even part of the mafia, but they're linked to it and look at how much danger it put them in."

"That's exactly why having kids doesn't make sense."

"I know Adrian! But look at it my way as well. I'm in love with you, and want to marry you and spend the rest of my life with you. But what if I don't get to spend the rest of my life with you? I'll always have the heavy regret that I could have had a child with you. If you do leave, then at least I'll have something of yours with me. I don't want to be left with just memories."

He gazes at me, with his intense green eyes as if he's trying to read me. "It's like you've already made up your mind that I'll leave you."

"I'm not saying that! Adrian, you're not even trying to understand me!" I shout, getting more and more frustrated by the minute.

"What do you want me to understand?!" He shouts back. "What do you want me to fucking understand? You want me to get you pregnant?! You want to carry our child? Because Bailey, that doesn't make shit sense to me. You're right, I run a fucking mafia. Things aren't going well especially since Kaden and I are near partners now. Gangs are coming at us from all four directions and I'm here in India, trying to meet all your needs!"

I open my mouth to argue back but he continues. "I love you, and want the best for you but you're not thinking this through! Do you have any idea what being pregnant means? The pain you'll have to go through only for a huge responsibility to be thrown at you? No. You don't because you're just being a hormonal teenager! You're not getting ready for a child! You're just getting ready to lose me!"

I want to argue back, but he's right. I was preparing myself to lose him, not gain another. Instead, I find tears begin to prick my eyes and I look up trying to get them to go back into my eyes before Adrian has to see me crying.

"Shit, Bailey... Don't cry," He quickly rushes to my side as I give up on hiding my tears and let them flow out. "Hey, I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"No, Adrian," I sob. "Don't be. You're right. I w-wasn't th-thinking about this right." I bury my face into his chest, as he wraps his arms around me. "I'm not r-ready for a child. I wasn't thinking straight." I blow my nose into his shirt, before wiping my tears on them as well. "I'm not sorry for doing that."

His arms tighten around me. "I'm sorry for yelling," He apologizes again. "I love you, okay? I want the best for you. For us."

"I know. I'm sorry too. Let's go get Plan B now. I'm not going to change my mind again," I look up at Adrian and give him a grave look. "Don't tell anyone about this."

"I don't plan to. Can you even imagine what Blake and Anna would tell me if I told them I forgot condoms? They would never let me live it down. Dylan would probably turn into one those dads that would begin to plan Atty's and our child's friendship. It's not going to end well."

"Good, it's settled then. Kiss me, now. I don't like it when we fight." In a split second, his lips collide into mine, and I return his passion by kissing him back. He grips the back of my neck, and I do the same, pressing harder into his lips.

I would let my tongue slip between his lips, but we just ate and it probably tastes disgusting. After a while, we both pull away from each other. "I love you," I tell him. "Now go change your shirt, it has my snot all over it."

"Or I could just take it off," He smirks as he slides his shirt off his body, leaving me to stare at his rock hard abs and tattoos. The tattoos were all so... magical. Everything was fantasy.

His tattoos made him seem magical.

"Let me know when you're done drooling," Adrian smirks cockily, flexing his muscles. Oh my... Oh my.

"Put on a shirt!" I yell at him. "Right now!" I toss a random shirt of his at him, which he catches. While laughing, he puts on the shirt, which was a tank top. That meant I got to feel his muscles.

There is no such thing as stress balls when you have Adrian's muscles to feel. I quickly wrap my arms around his arm. "Let's go, Gopher."

"You got it, baby."

————

Everyone was giving us weird stares as I took the Plan B in my hand. After Adrian glared at them, they stopped staring but it was still awkward.

I smile awkwardly at the cashier as I place the Plan B in front of her. She gives me a peculiar look before placing the Plan B in the bag and handing me a receipt. "Thank you for shopping," She mumbles as I walk out of the store.

"Adrian, you better buy some good quality condoms next time to save me the trouble of going through this!" I hiss at him as he opens the car door for me.

"Do you want to take the pill now?"

"Yeah, give me some water," I tell him. He hands me a water bottle as I open the box and take out a pill.

I pop it in my mouth and swallow.

————

a/n: in my defense... she's still eighteen. tihi. for those who wanted a baby for them both... i mean- sorry? but like who'd really want a child at such a young age. babies are cute and all but lets save that for when they're in their late twenties. 

butttttttt, just in case: 

suggest girl names>> 

boy names >> 

twin names >>> 

triplet names!! >>> 

anyway, thanks for reading!! i love youuu!! ♥️