Chapter 56 || Bad News

follow me on instagram: @brookitoz

make sure you vote!! ♥️

————

I stand up too, because I have no idea what's happening but I don't want to be caught sitting down either. Just in case. I turn my head in the direction everybody is looking at to see an older version of Kaden and Dylan followed by men in white.

Almost instantly, I know who this is.

Richard Arrow.

Ha. Is it time to panic yet? This is the same man that ordered bullets to be fired at us while driving just because Adrian broke up with Ava.

Are we going to die now because Adrian killed Ava? Probably, but I keep quiet as Richard Arrow approaches his two sons. He was wearing a formal red suit and a white shirt underneath matched with red pants. A few years younger and all the girls would be swooning over him.

"Dad," Kaden greets, his face expressionless. I'm surprised Dylan has mastered it too.

"What is this I hear?" Richard Arrow's voice is so cold, I don't think Antarctica is the coldest place on Earth anymore. "Dylan is going to be a father?"

The same fear returns to Dylan's eyes and he swallows, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down. "We don't know," He replies, his voice just slightly choked up.

"What happened?" He pushes on, completely oblivious to the fact that Dylan doesn't want to talk about it. Or he's just ignoring it. You can never know with these mafia people.

Kaden, however, maintains a straight face. "Ava drugged Luna. She was close to dying from drug abuse. They're taking the baby out..." I think Kaden slightly squirmed when talking about birth, but you could have never guessed. "There's a chance both mother and son survive."

"Son?" I think I saw a loving glint in Richard Arrow's eyes. "Where is Ava?"

"Dead," Kaden states. "Adrian shot her."

"Adrian Black?" He barely cocks his eyebrow. I'm sure when he was younger, girls would have died if he did that. "You're working together now?"

"Only for Bailey." Oh, why, I didn't know I was so important. Fans face dramatically.

"Bailey? What mafia is she from?"

"She's not from a mafia. She's just a girl."

Just... Just a girl?! I'm going to show him what 'just a girl' can do!

"Who's an eternally praiseworthy woman that I would take a bullet for."

I just cancelled my previous plans.

"Is she here?"

Kaden looks at me, and Richard Arrow spins around and strides towards me. If he was younger, I would have definitely drooled over him. Ew, Bailey, listen to yourself!

Why is he so tall? I lift my head up so I can meet his eye. They're money green. Not emerald green like Adrian's. "I don't see what's so special about you," He declares. "But, if Kaden respects you, I supposed I do too. A little." He had a way of saying it that made it sound like he could care less if a dinosaur just devoured me and flew away on top of a unicorn. I just smile at him, which he doesn't return. Damn.

Then he turns towards Adrian. "I still don't like you," He tells him. "But, you saved my future grandson. I'm not expressing my gratitude. We're even."

Adrian simply nods. Just then, one more person arrives. She has dark eyes and brown hair, which causes me to get confused as to who she is. "Dylan! Kaden! My babies," She starts, rushing over to Dylan and embracing him in a tight hug. Then she does the same to Kaden. "You never told me Luna was in the hospital. Is she okay? She better be okay or I'll make sure to set this hospital on fire!"