"Because I'm here and a good listener?" I provided helpfully.

"You actually are a pretty good listener."

"Thank you."

"Anyways, she's moved on. Sort of I think." he said, "I'm okay too."

"Good to know."

"You know I'm thinking of changing my major next year." he perked up.

"Oh yeah? To what?"

"I'm not really sure. Something bio related, I guess." he shrugged, "I don't think psych is my thing."

"I don't know, Isaac. You don't really strike me as a bio kid." I said.

"If you didn't know me, I wouldn't even strike you as a psych kid."

"But I do know you." I said, "And you are a little bit of a psychopa-"

"Shut up, Carol."

I laughed, staring at the view of the school parking lot. A few cars were around, gesturing that some kids were still in the building, doing some extra-curricular activities.

 "You seem happy." Isaac said, bringing me out of my daze. I didn't even realize that I was smiling, "I mean happier than when I saw you last."

"I am, I guess." I said, "Sort of happy. Things are turning out pretty much exactly the way they're supposed to and its...its nice, you know."

"I guess so." he said, "So what are you doing for the summer?"

"Vacation starts in two months, Isaac." I pointed out.

"I know that. I know when summer is, Carol." he said, "I'm asking you what you have planned for it."

I shrugged, "I don't know. I'll just chill out, I guess. This year has been sort of hectic so yeah."

"What do you mean 'so yeah'?"

"I mean I don't have anything planned." I said, "I may get a job or do some sort of an internship or something though. I need the money."

"What?" he let out a small laugh, "You have money. From dance."

"Which I spent on my dad's hospital bills and rehab." I explained, "So I need a job."

He hummed in response, "How is your dad, by the way?"

"He's really good, you know. I think he is, at least. He's still got around six weeks to go in the rehab and then he's home for good. Hopefully he'll go AA meetings and stuff. I hope he will. We talk sometimes. Not much though."

"That's nice." he yawned, "What about the others?"

I eyed him curiously, "Quite inquisitive today, aren't we Mendoza?"

"Just answer the question, Carol."

"What others?" I asked.

"You know, your mom, grandma, sister, brother, friends...the others."

"Well, my mom quit her job because she actually got an opportunity to work in Boston University's math department. So she's going there next year. She's real excited for that. I don't really know if my parents are going to work through their marriage or anything. But I wouldn't be surprised if they separated either."

"My grandma is back in Rhode Island. Yeah, she figured leaving her bakery unattended for so long could cause problems or some shit like that. But she'll be back during the summer, I think."

"My sister is at home with her fiancé, nursing her baby. I don't know when she's going to go back. I mean her baby is adorable but the crying in the middle of the night shit...that I can't handle."