56. Happy.

Last chapter!!! (Kinda)

Chapter 56: Happy.

"I did exactly what you said!" I exclaimed, handing the cards back, "Why am I not getting it?"

"Because you didn't do it right." Isaac deadpanned, "Okay, so let me explain again."

Isaac had become one of Naomi's closest friends in college. Since their semester had just ended, Isaac had come to spend the beginning of his vacation at Naomi's. Adam didn't mind, apparently. He wasn't the 'jealous type' as I had been told.

Besides, having Isaac around was a lot of fun. Sure he was annoying and a little insane but so were all of my other friends. So he fit right in amongst a group of high school seniors. He didn't even mind that he was hanging out with us.

Luke had taken my car as usual and since I had no one to drive me home from school, I called Isaac. Usually, I would walk but I wanted some sort of entertainment. He didn't even hesitate to pick me up, stating that he was just 'lazing around anyway'.

But the idiot somehow managed to wreck Naomi's car and it had broken down in the middle of the street. So we were here in the almost empty school grounds in the afternoon, sitting on the roof.

Currently, he was teaching me some sort of a card trick but I was failing miserably.

"You know what, just forget it." I said, exasperated, "Here, take your stupid cards. These things are fucking retarded."

"But-"

"Nope."

"Well, okay then." he said in a dull tone and placed the cards beside him, "Its sort of hot here, you know?"

"What- no its not." I said, "You're just saying that because you're from Canada and its like never hot there."

"That's true." he shrugged, "But seriously its like living in a hot tub with no water."

I stared at him, "That is the worst analogy I have ever heard in my life."

"No its not."

"Yeah it is. You have absolutely zero creativity, Mendoza."

"Fuck off." he scowled and I chuckled.

"I mean its only April. You should see how hot it is in summer." I made a face, "I mean in LA and stuff its just sunny but here, oh man, the humidity and the things it does to my hair."

He snorted, "Speaking of LA..."

"Yeah?"

"You're going to college there in the fall huh?" he leaned back, "Damn."

"What do you mean 'damn'?" I asked.

"I mean I get that its like a big deal and shit. This dance school. But-"

"Aw, you thought I'd come to Montreal, Isaac?" I teased. Isaac was a flirt. But he flirted with literally everybody. No matter the age or gender. It was strange, really. 

"I mean I hoped so, yeah. I don't really have a lot of friends except Naomi and Adam, you know." 

I gaped at him, "What the hell are you talking about? You know literally everybody on campus. And when I say everybody, I mean every single person."

"Well, yeah. But they're not my friends, Carol." I cringed at the nickname, "We're just you know, like acquaintances."

"Right." I said, "So you and Aspen-"

"Are over forever and ever." he sighed sadly, "Meh, its fine though. We're cool. I don't think we'd ever be friends but- wait a minute. Why am I telling you this?"