34. Dora the ostrich.

Chapter 34: Dora the ostrich.

I rubbed my eyes as I turned on my back, groaning at the sunlight from the windows. I had no idea where I was but I didn't want to leave anytime soon, either. This bed was extremely comfortable. My head hurt but I opened my eyes.

The room I was in was completely white, from the walls to the bedspread I was sleeping on. The doorway seemed to lead to another part of what I assumed was a hotel suite. I was dressed in a big white t-shirt that definitely didn't belong to me and sweatpants. Sleeping next to me was Ren and for some reason he was hugging a watermelon. Seems legit.

My stomach churned and I held a hand to my mouth, quickly rushing into the bathroom. Thank god it was empty. I retched into the toilet, kneeling on the floor. My head was throbbing as I puked my guts out into the toilet and the memories of the night before filled my mind.

Shit.

I didn't have time to process my thoughts as I hurled once again into the toilet, this time hugging the edge of it. My hair hung like a curtain around my face and I felt someone gently pull it back and rub my back.

"Easy." Calvin said behind me. I looked back for a millisecond and he smiled, still rubbing my back as I puked. God, I really didn't want him to see me like this. I relaxed finally, panting as I did so and nodded, "Are you done?"

"Yeah." my voice was hoarse.

"Good. C'mon." he gently helped me stand up and I kept my head down to hide my flushed face as he handed me a spare brush from the counter, "I'll be outside."

I brushed my teeth in front of the mirror and saw Ren walk in, trying smooth out his very messy hair, "Hey."

"You're talking really loud." I winced.

"Same with you." he sighed and picked up another brush, "I hate hangovers."

"You don't say." I spit into the sink and washed my mouth, "You didn't puke?"

"Nope. But it sounded like you did." he said, "You know, you were the hit of the party last night."

"Oh? I barely remember anything." I said truthfully, "What happened?"

He chuckled, "What do you remember?"

"Um," I thought for a second, "Vodka, tequila, gin...friends from home called, Calvin...I said he was-"

"Magical? Ethereal? A wizard? Holy?" Calvin's voice came from the doorway, making both of us jump. He leaned sideways against the doorway, his arms crossed across his chest and a smirk paying his lips, "So hot that I would make fire melt. That I should try to cut metal with my jaw. Shall I go on?"

"No thank you." I groaned, gripping the counter as Ren laughed, "What else?"

"Well, then I tried to bring you home but you raced back in and a whole lot of stuff happened." he said with an amused expression, "I have to say, drunk you is a lot more fun than sober you."

"I know right." Ren grinned.

"What did I do?" I glared at the both of them.

"What didn't you do?" Ren counted on his fingers, "Tried to make pasta in a toaster, gave almost everyone in the party a lap dance, danced on the pole, made out with a mannequin, tried to buy an ostrich, arranged a bunch of potatoes according to size, sang your ass off, posted a pencil on Craig's list to trade for an eraser-"

"Okay woah stop." I said, "Lap dance?"

"That's the only thing you got from that?" he said, "You did way crazier things, you know. Like-"