27. Charisma of an adidas slipper.

I have exams coming up so I wrote this in a hurry. Sorry guys. And yeah, I have a lot of exams lmao.

Chapter 27: Charisma of an adidas slipper.

My legs burnt like hell as I walked from the gym to the girls' locker rooms. I was sweating from head to toe in my white polo and red shorts and my hair was rough and stringy as I undid my ponytail, ignoring the whispers of the girls around me.

Somehow, the news that I had met my sister in New York had quickly spread around the school. The only people who knew about it were my brother, Sadie, Andrew and Calvin. And they had all promised to not say a word. So no one had any idea on who spread the news.

My first guess. Sammy Gonzalez.

As good of a friend his brother was to me, Sammy and I weren't as close. We didn't have a rivalry but we didn't have a friendship either. Plus, Sammy loved drama.

I'd had it rough the past couple of days. My sister was popular, not only in school but in town too, and her departure had affected a lot of people, including a few teachers. From pitiful glances to angry glares to anxious whispers in the hallways, I'd experienced it all. Although I shouldn't really be complaining. Luke had it way worse.

I yanked open my locker to grab my clothes but someone cleared their throat behind me. I mentally cursed at the universe and turned around, plastering a smile on my face.

"Hey Kara." Taylor said and the buzz of talking in the locker room instantly died down.

"What?" I snapped. I was really not in the mood.

"How is your sister?" she asked. Straight to the point huh?

"She's great." I said through my teeth and Sadie inched closer, "Excuse me. I left my water bottle in the gym."

Not a lie. But Taylor was persistent and she followed me outside, pestering me with questions.

"Is Melanie really pregnant?" she asked, matching my speed.

"Yes."

"And she's getting married?"

"Yes."

"When?"

"I don't know." 

"To whom?"

"To her fiancé."

"What's the theme for the wedding?"

"I don't know." we reached the gym and I grabbed my bottle from the bleachers, "I can find my own way back. Thank you very much."

"Are you dating Calvin Ha-"

"No I am not." I snapped, "And even if I was, it is none of your goddamn business. And neither is my life or my sister's. No offense. Now if you could move aside so I can leave, it would be very helpful. Please and thank you."

Obviously she didn't take the hint and followed me outside.

"Is Melanie coming back home?"

"Yes." 

"When?"

"I don't know."

"How can you not- oh!"

Taylor squirmed in my grip as I slammed her against the wall, my arm pinning her there so she couldn't move.

"I have had a very very hard week." I growled, "So do not, under any circumstances, provoke me, Taylor. I am not in the mood for your false accusations so you better stop. Right the hell now."

She struggled, "Let me go."

"Do we have an agreement?" I asked. She glared at me but I didn't back down.