Chapter 49: Fighting In Two Fronts

Start from the beginning

"Shepherd?"

"Back from the grave Fisher."

"Out of the 'frying pan' is more like it." Fisher replied back. "The world is still the same even with the change we've been making."

"We thought we could retrieve the ACS module, before the Russians could crack it. We were wrong."

"So why do you need me for this mission?"

"We need you back on the field because you're the only person who is best at information warfare. We've cut a deal with President Caldwell: finish the fight  and we can help you clear your name in 3rd Echelon, and tell you the truth about what really happened after Georgia."

"How could I say no to that."

"Good. Let's get on board with the mission." He said showing a map of Moscow. "After the attack on Zakhaev International Airport, Makarov turned the U.S. into a scapegoat. Now it's all in flames." He moved the map somewhere is Western Russia. "You're heading to Russia, we believe that Makaravo has acquired a Russian Typhoon-class submarines armed with several Nuclear warheads intending to strike the United States."

"Got it, sir. Although there's one problem."

"What is it?"

"I don't have any access to my equipment since I'm a wanted man from 3rd Echelon."

"That's fine. Besides you're not going there alone."

"Pardon me, sir, but I don't work well with others besides from 3E."

"You'll be tasked with Sentinel Team. S.A.T.O. successor to 3rd Echelon."

"What?"

"You heard me right. Sentinel Task Force is the successor to 3rd Echelon. They're basically the Splinter Cells of the 26th Century. They'll give you the equipment you need for this mission."

The call ended as Sam Fisher only has one thing to say. "Sentinels, huh? Irony at it's finest."

Location: Eastern Russia
Time: 2100 Hours
Date: 04/27/2013

Standing outside of a building's outpost tower was a sniper patrolling. He's looking down on his scopes scanning for hostiles intending to breach the base where the submarines is located. What he didn't know was that a squad of armed Sentinels and a lone Splinter Cell easily got inside the compound.

Under the sniper's tower was Sam crawling beneath the soldier above. He grabs on the buildings drainage pipe and slides down until he reaches the ground.

"This is Panther. I'm in." Sam reported.

"Roger. Data centre should be on the building at checkpoint: Bravo." Cormack said marking it and with the masks advanced HUD Sam was able to see the exact location of the building even at a heavy blizzard.

We all know our roles: Sam and Gideon are to retrieve the ACS location from the building, while Knox and Mitchell will set the bombs on the sub, I will handle security making sure you're all set. Retrieve that data before moving to Phase 2."

The suit Sam Fisher is wearing to this operation is a Mk.IX Stealth Operation Suit from Sentinel Task Force it's black and blue design makes it impossible to spot him especially in darker areas. The multi-vision goggles is much better the Splinter Cells from 3E were using with the sonar having a range of more than 300m and to top it all off the suit is a mix of kevlar-ceramic titanium which is more armored and despite the armor weight it's much more lighter because of the exoskeleton in the back.