Prologue

"Niall, you're hurting me," my voice came out slightly above a whisper in hopes he could hear the vulnerability lacing it. Time seemed to stop everything and everyone around us; everything seemed to disintegrate as I stared back at the boy whose heart I ripped to shreds only months ago.

His long calloused fingers wrapped tighter around my own fragile wrist as the breezy London air blew past us. Contrary to the beautiful weather surrounding the two of us, his eyes gave a completely different forecast. Dark, stormy blue orbs stared back at me with so much anguish, disappointment, and as much as it pained me to come to terms with it: hate. Twinges of pain tugged at my heart as the god awful memory replayed in the back of my head- a tragic turn of events I never wanted a repeat of.

"I don't care," he spat back in his distinguishable accent. My stomach flipped an entire one-eighty at his words; he truly did hate me. "Why ar' ya runnin' away from here?" His words caught me by surprise, was this care? Using every bit of strength left in my body, I made feeble attempts to fight the small feeling of hope striving to take over my heart and head.

"Didn't ya get what ya want'd? Yer career, yer the talk 'f the city, hell the talk 'f the world. Wasn't becomin' t'is successful journalist always yer dream?" Tears pooled down my cheeks, all the way past my lips as I struggled to muster out a response. Niall was right, but wrong at the same time. This was all I had ever wanted, but it entailed losing Niall, which I already lost. Success wasn't all it was cracked up to be; it was painful, heartbreaking and miserable all at the same time.

"No, it's not. Not anymore. I just want you, only you. Niall, I love you so much," I cried out like a child to him. Pathetic or not, I couldn't bare the void left in my heart due to Niall's absence. More tears continued to fall against my pale skin while Niall let go of my wrist after what seemed like an eternity. Like always, his jeans tightly clung to his hips along with his legs, making him look even skinnier than usual. His shirt slightly puffed out as the wind continued to blow as we stood outside the door of my apartment complex in London, showing off little slivers of his skin.

"Don't," he sternly replied. This wasn't the Niall I fell in love with, this was the Niall I had come to loathe during my first few weeks in London. "Love isn't sumthin' ya know, ya know absolute shit 'bout it," Niall said as his voice slowly became shaky. Red stained and glossy eyed, he looked at me with so much sadness I could feel my own self shattering on the inside.

"Please Niall, you're all I have left. I love you so much," I desperately cried out as my tears continued to stream down my face. Niall walked back a few steps before bringing up a single finger to wipe away at the crevice of his eye.

"Well Aubrey, I loved ya," he said before he completely turned around and made his way towards his shiny black Rover parked on the concrete paved road. Just with one sentence he managed to break me for a life time. Niall was all I ever wanted in life, and I made the unforgivable mistake of not only breaking his trust but his heart.

As the screeching of his tires sounded against the paved street, I felt myself falling to my knees right in front of tens of people. Right now I didn't care that everyone walking past me was giving me strange looks as if I was deranged. The only thing, person I should say, that I cared for was speeding down the streets of London at an unknown speed, furthering and furthering his distance from me. I was alone, and it all felt like a horrible nightmare eating away at my sleep. Although this was no illusion, it was reality; an honest illusion.

A/N: well here it is!! The first chapter, well prologue of the sequel! I hope you guys enjoy it! Keep in mind this is only a few months after the huge fallout and death of her aunt. It's meant to be vague and unclear for a reason.

Let me know what you think, I hope you like it just as much as the first one and are excited for what's to come :) love you all ❤️