"No! Not unless you want me too."

"Ha hahahaa. Sure babe, we can head to the city. You wanting to share the awesome news?"

"Yeah. I kinda want your dad to be there also."

"Oh you don't have to worry about that. Once he finds out, you're not gonna be able to get rid of him."

Xael smiled and gazed out the window. Adam could tell that she was still upset about Vivi and Beau. Reaching town, the dinner was full of the early birds. Getting out of the Jeep, the pups wrestled around on the sidewalk. Taking her hand, Xael quickly linked him.

'You want to tell everyone this morning?'

"It's up to you babe."

"Ohhh...I think I should wait and have dinner out at Grams one night, the Alphas might break the windows with all their damn howling."

Adam's big booming laugh got the attention of everyone inside the diner.

"Morning folks!" Xael gave everyone hugs, careful not to let them hug her too tightly. She could already feel Adam's protectiveness. Hugs out the way, she got started on making the coffee and getting the register ready. James came in a couple of minutes later and got straight to work. Chicken fried steak was the specialty for the morning so he needed to get to work. Xael helped out by preparing the sides while Adam had a seat, the pups were busy getting attention from Parker who was still amazed at being able to pet actual wolves.

"Hey Skylar? Have you heard from Beau?"

"No. I've been thinking about him, why?"

"Just curious. Grams?"

"Yes dear?" Grams was reading a section of the paper. Max, Parker, Chris, Ted and Eli finally made it over, drawn by the aroma of food. The only one missing was Houser but that didn't last long as him and Ester strolled in. The diner was almost half full and that was just with family.

Xael poured everyone a fresh cup of brew and made up the containers for the guys to take back to the station. She went back and got started on the dessert orders and James whipped up the chicken fried steaks. He and Xael worked really well together. While he took care of the mean dish, she handled the sides and made sure his prep table was stocked. Tomorrow she would check inventory and place an order for the diner.

The rest of the morning was pretty typical. Everyone enjoyed breakfast then started their day. Adam checked with Grams about Xael staying with them tomorrow until he got off work and it was perfectly fine. In fact Grams invited the guys over for dinner and they were all happy to accept the invite. Coffee containers in hand, the officers headed to the station with rambunctious pups in tow. The Elders all headed out to run errands and Xael and James were busy cooking up a storm.

Back at the station, Max and Parker went to do a patrol of the area and check on the Elders that lived out in the sticks by themselves. Alone at the station, Adam gave Beau a call, this time he actually answered.

"Hey Beau."

"Hey Adam."

"Whooaa. Dude you don't sound good, what's going on Beau?"

"Adam, Adam, Adam. It's Vivi, she's wanting to move to Texas and be close to her mom. Which is fine I guess since she has the pup coming."

"Ah. Me and Xael were just worried about you guys. Xael's been trying to reach Vivi but isn't getting a response."

"Hold on, let me step outside." Sounds of a door opening and closing then Beau returned to the call.

"Beau man, you got me worried, you don't sound happy about any of this? You even got a Pup on the way."

"Adam. Vivi is not who you, I or Xael thought she was. That and...shit...the Pup isn't even mine."

"What? What the hell is going on Beau?"

"I don't know man. I seriously do not know. Vivi's mom is just as bad as she is. Manipulative, vindictive and petty. She was NOT like this when we first got together. The more she hangs around her mom and sisters, the worse she gets. She just got back from Texas and wants me to quiet my new job and her sisters are constantly begging me for money. Luckily I haven't given them any and don't plan on it."

"My god Beau. Why didn't you call and let me know?"

"I need to get my head back on straight, plus this isn't your problem.  Tomorrow we go to the doctor to see how the baby is doing. Vivi isn't taking care of herself at all, plus..."

"Beau I just want you to know that we're all here for you man.  All you gotta do is say the word."

"I know. But here's the kicker, I found my real Mate."

"Oh shit. That's. Whoa."

"Yeah but that's not what has me down. Vivi is like totally not even caring for the Pup that she's carrying."

"Wow. That's not like an Omega."

"I know. We go to the doctor tomorrow because she's been having issues."

"You think she'll lose the Pup?"

"There's a pretty good chance of it. Once she gets off the phone we're going to have a serious talk. She either gets her shit together or I'm breaking our bond. And as far as Xael is concerned, Vivi wants nothing to do with her, the tribe, ceremonies, dances, none of it."

"Jesus. Whatever you need man, just say it, me and Skylar are here for you."

"Thanks Adam. I'll call you tomorrow. Enough about my sorry ass relationship. How are you and Xael?"

"Xael's pregnant." Adam jumped as Beau let out a thunderous howl.

"No shit?! Congratulations man! That's awesome news!"

"Thanks, hey if you can get away. Grams is having us all out for dinner tomorrow night. You should really think about coming. Xael would love to see you."

"You know what, I'll call you tomorrow afternoon and let you know."

"Sounds good. Well I gotta go, the guys are back from their patrol."

"K, talk to you later brother."

"You know it. Take care man."